multiple instances of VB on system -- issues?
Author Message
 multiple instances of VB on system -- issues?

Hello,

Some time ago, I installed a larger hard drive into my system, and in so
doing, used the drive cloning software that came with the new drive.

After imaging the old drive contents onto the new drive, I jumpered the old
drive to slave, and now boot and work from the new drive, using the older
one for storage (and occasional recovery of files.)

Now, I had originally installed my copy of VB onto the first (now older,
slave) drive.  Didn't use VB for a while until after I installed the new
drive.

I am getting some erratic behavior in the system, overall.  I try to
compensate by manually going to the Start menu folder, checking relevant
shortcuts and forcing them to point to the instances of my apps (including
VBs master EXE) on the new (current) drive C.

Problem is that sometimes I compile a project to exe, run it, and the
changes don't show up, so I check around and find that the older instance of
VB apparently started and compiled the changes to an older directory (or
vice versa).

It is getting a little strange... sometimes the start menu shortcuts get put
back, as if by a ghost, to point to the older shortcuts (i.e. those in the
older Start menu folder on the now older, slave drive) "all by themselves."

Question: does this resonate with anyone here... and in particular, are
there any wierdnesses associated with having a second instance of VB on the
system?

I would think that, once everything got clones, I'd be fine as long as I
didn't execute two instances of VB concurrently... or even serially.  I try
to just use the one on drive C -- but again, sometimes the old one seems to
get started by accident, because the shortcuts on the start menu seem to be
a little fluid.

Any help?

Thanks,
Dave Marx

Fri, 17 Sep 2004 06:18:27 GMT
 multiple instances of VB on system -- issues?
Quote:
> It is getting a little strange... sometimes the start menu shortcuts get
put
> back, as if by a ghost, to point to the older shortcuts (i.e. those in the
> older Start menu folder on the now older, slave drive) "all by

themselves."

Is it possibly multiple users (default and another) and hence 2 sets of
settings in the Registry??? What is the OS?? How do you log into windows??
Is it only VB??

Sat, 18 Sep 2004 01:20:53 GMT

1. Multiple Instances or Single Instances

2. Multiple Session IDs when creating multiple instances

3. System.NET, System.Net.Sockets -> TCPListener Issue

4. System.NET, System.Net.Sockets -> TCPListener Issue

5. Help! - VB Problem with Multiple instances of Excel

6. Running Multiple Instances of VB App: Error 3053

7. Preventing multiple instances of shelling Notepad in VB

8. making a vb exe allow multiple instances

9. Multiple Program Instances in VB 5

10. VB 4.0 app generating multiple instances of WINWORD.

11. How to Prevent Multiple Instances of a VB Application

12. multiple instances of vb app