VB 6.0
Author Message
 VB 6.0

I'm trying to install VB 6.0 on XP home or Win 2000
Professional

I have two different copies of VB and I get the same
error message when I install telling me the setup CD is
corrupted.

(When I start the install it tells me VB is already
running - I suspect this may be part of the problem.)

Any suggestions?

Fri, 06 Aug 2004 03:22:19 GMT
 VB 6.0

Quote:
> I'm trying to install VB 6.0 on XP home or Win 2000
> Professional

> I have two different copies of VB and I get the same
> error message when I install telling me the setup CD is
> corrupted.

> (When I start the install it tells me VB is already
> running - I suspect this may be part of the problem.)

The message you're probably getting is that the VB *runtime* is already
running. This means you're running a VB6 program and the VB runtime module
is loaded into memory.  This may be interferring with VB's Setup.  Close ALL
running programs, including any anti-virus programs (VB's Setup may have to
update system files and anti-virus programs usually interfere with this).
This is precisely why most Setup programs immediately tell you to close all
other programs before continuing.

BTW, I'm curious as to how (or why) you have 2 copies of VB6?  If you
legally purchased VB6, you'd probably only have the 1 copy.  If you have 2,
you most likely must have obtained at least 1 through some means other than
what is legal (unless you bought VB6 again), even if you don't realize it.

Mike

Fri, 06 Aug 2004 10:11:24 GMT
 VB 6.0

Quote:
> BTW, I'm curious as to how (or why) you have 2 copies of VB6?  If you
> legally purchased VB6, you'd probably only have the 1 copy.  If you have
2,
> you most likely must have obtained at least 1 through some means other
than
> what is legal (unless you bought VB6 again), even if you don't realize it.

Personally, I probably have six or eight copies of the VB6 CDs.  Even
without having been a beta tester I would have at least three or four, just
from my MSDN subscription... As to how many legal licences I have to
_install_ VB6, well, that's probably only two (or maybe three)...

In any case, I can see no argument with someone who has tried more than one
CD and gotten the same result: I would try that myself in his situation: I'd
borrow one if I didn't have an extra.

Jim Deutch

Sat, 07 Aug 2004 02:00:23 GMT

1. VB 6.0 - Visual FoxPro 6.0 Tables and VB

2. VB 6.0 reports vs. Crystal 6.0

3. VB 6.0 and IE 6.0 system OCXs and DLLs incompatibilities

4. VB 6.0, Crystal 6.0 & ODBC

5. VB 6.0 and Crystal Reports 6.0

6. VB 6.0 reports vs. Crystal 6.0

7. VB 6.0 DLL debugging from ASP/IIS 6.0 in Windows 2003 Server

8. Change printing orientation or page setup in IE 6.0 with VB 6.0

9. VB 6.0 and IE 6.0

10. RightFax 6.0 and Crystal 8.5 and VB 6.0 Font size

11. Designer Component 6.0 Install Registry Issue with VB 6.0 SP1

12. Filter dates between VB 6.0 and CR 6.0 from *.qry