Dr Watson
Author Message
 Dr Watson

I am have one customer running on Win NT 4 SP6a who keeps getting either an
application exception error c0000008 or access violation c0000005.
Looking at the Dr Watson log it appears that the error always occurs in a
function RTLRaiseStatus (Error c0000008) or RTLpWaitForCriticalSection
(Error c0000005) in the NTLDLL.DLL file.

The errors don't appear to have any pattern as they can not appear for 2
weeks or they can occur 3 times in one day.
Has anyone else experienced or have a solution for these errors.

Jason
I.V.Developments Ltd.

Sat, 31 Jan 2004 22:20:12 GMT
 Dr Watson
Here are some possibilities:

1. Norton antivirus has been known to cause this problem.  Disable all
antivirus and restart the computer.
2. The latest service packs for SNA server and Exchange 5.5 resolved some
issues related to this if your customer is running either of these.
3. If you are using msorcl10.dll (Oracle dll) change it to msorcl32.dll.
4. If you are using an Access backend check out Q254760 - FIX: Application
Hangs When Inserting Records Into Access 97
5. Check out Q261317 - Deadlock in Ntdll.dll Causes Program to Hang
6. Check out Q241896 - PRB: Threading Issues with Visual Basic 6.0 ActiveX
Components
7. If you are using MDAC 2.5 make sure you have SP2 for it per Q267566 -
FIX: WriterLock In OLE DB Core Components Can Starve Readers

Hopefully this information will point you in the right direction.

To find a KB article you can type "MSKB articlenum" into Internet
Explorer's Address Bar (without the quotes) or you can go to
http://support.microsoft.com.

Kevin Williamson - Microsoft Visual Basic Support

--------------------

| Subject: Dr Watson
| Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 15:20:12 +0100

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.bugs
|
| I am have one customer running on Win NT 4 SP6a who keeps getting either
an
| application exception error c0000008 or access violation c0000005.
| Looking at the Dr Watson log it appears that the error always occurs in a
| function RTLRaiseStatus (Error c0000008) or RTLpWaitForCriticalSection
| (Error c0000005) in the NTLDLL.DLL file.
|
| The errors don't appear to have any pattern as they can not appear for 2
| weeks or they can occur 3 times in one day.
| Has anyone else experienced or have a solution for these errors.
|
| Jason
| I.V.Developments Ltd.

Sun, 01 Feb 2004 00:49:00 GMT

1. msaccopt.dbg causing a dr watson

2. msaccopt.dbg causing a dr watson

3. Dr. Watson & corrupt database

4. Dr Watson after setting a recordset

5. Even LOOKING at a reference causes a Dr. Watson

6. dr.Watson msaccopt.dbg

7. VBA creates Dr Watson

8. Help! Dr. Watson when adding code to module

9. Why do I get Dr. Watson errors

10. Dr. Watson

11. Access97 crashes and Dr. Watson locks up

12. Dr. Watson Access Violation Outlook 98