VB 6 Causes Validation bugs
Author Message
 VB 6 Causes Validation bugs

I have noticed that the documentation talks about a KeepFocus
parameter in the validation event, however all I see is a cancel
parameter. I assume they are they same.

Has anyone else seen this?

Also, If you change the causesvaliation property of a textbox to false
(in code)
and then set focus to that textbox, and then set the cauesesvaliation
of that same text box to true. When You tab away from that text box to
another second textbox, the validate event of the first textbox is NOT
fired, EVEN though the second text box has its causesvalidation property
set to true.

I have a sample test project that shows this in case anyone is
interested.

Larry

Thu, 08 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 6 Causes Validation bugs

?I have noticed that the documentation talks about a KeepFocus
?parameter in the validation event, however all I see is a cancel
?parameter. I assume they are they same.
?
?Has anyone else seen this?

Bug in the documentation.

?
?Also, If you change the causesvaliation property of a textbox to
false
?(in code)
?and then set focus to that textbox, and then set the cauesesvaliation
?of that same text box to true. When You tab away from that text box
?another second textbox, the validate event of the first textbox is
NOT
?fired, EVEN though the second text box has its causesvalidation
property
?set to true.
?
?I have a sample test project that shows this in case anyone is
?interested.

Yeah, you have to be a bit careful with doing this. I would recommend
making certain that all controls, but possibly a Cancel or Help
command button, have CausesValidation set to True. Intermittent use
among controls of CausesValidation will make your head spin.

Paul
~~~~

Fri, 09 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Causes Validation Bug in VB 6.0

2. VB 6.0 Toolbar, No Causes Validation

3. Closing Form causes validation

4. Close form causes validation

5. Causes validation won't set focus

6. Toolbar causes validation

7. Validate Event (causes validation)

8. Project98 OLE & VB: bugs, bugs, bugs

9. Beta2 TreeView Validation Bug?

10. Requery caused Num Lock OFF....Bug?

11. BUG: Multiple threads Cause Connection Busy Error in the Driver

12. VB3 BUG? Unload Me causes --LOAD--event