Menu Editor VB 6.0
Author Message
 Menu Editor VB 6.0

Hi folks.

I'm pretty new to VB programming so the answer to this is
probably pretty simple.

I'm using the menu editor to add the underscore on a menu
item:

Example - "&File" for File with the underscore under "F"

This seems to work fine during design time but at run time
the underscore vanishes.

What am I doing wrong.

Any help would be very welcome.

Cheers.....

Sun, 05 Sep 2004 23:03:34 GMT
 Menu Editor VB 6.0

Quote:
> What am I doing wrong.

Nothing. That's a Windows setting (I don't recall where you set it at).
Press the Alt key and the underscores will appear.

I'm not sure which versions of Windows do this, but for sure Win2K does.

Sun, 05 Sep 2004 23:24:28 GMT
 Menu Editor VB 6.0

Quote:
> I'm pretty new to VB programming so the answer to this is
> probably pretty simple.
> I'm using the menu editor to add the underscore on a menu
> item:
> Example - "&File" for File with the underscore under "F"
> This seems to work fine during design time but at run time
> the underscore vanishes.
> What am I doing wrong.

Expecting Microsoft to not change UI defaults on the fly.  I assume you are
running Win2K or XP or something fairly recent...  go to start / settings /
control panel / display / effects and then uncheck the "Hide keyboard
navigation indicators" option.

Sun, 05 Sep 2004 23:29:33 GMT
 Menu Editor VB 6.0
Hi,

You are probably using Windows 2000(minimum) and the "Hide
keyboard navigation indicators until I use the Alt key" is
switched on. This option can be set in your Windows
Settings/Display/Effects screen.

Victor.

Quote:

Sun, 05 Sep 2004 23:56:27 GMT

1. Menus in vb? where is the menu editor

2. How do I change menu font from the default that the VB menu Editor uses

3. VBScript Editor in VB 6.0 Application

4. MDI and Child Form Menus / Menu Editor

5. How create menu items without Menu Editor

6. How to create menu without editor menu

7. I cannot access VB Editor or Security/Macro menu in Outlook

8. Advanced VB MDI menu editor now available

9. Menu editor crashes VB 4 16 bit

10. Help: GPF when opening VB 4.0 Menu Editor

11. Menu Editor in VB Working Model

12. VB 6 Menu Editor?