Error accesing the system registry under XP Pro
Author Message
 Error accesing the system registry under XP Pro

I am running;
XP Professional
VB6 SP4

on a;
Athlon 800
384MB Ram

I am opening the References section in VB, and am getting the following
message;

Error accessing the system registry

I have read the MS KB article Q269383, which explains the problem to be
related to installing Crystal V8 on the same machine as VB.  Which i did
over 6 months ago.  The KB Article states the resolution to this problem is
to browse the registry for 'dimmed keys'.  I have searched the registry in
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID.  But to no avail.

Unless i get this problem sorted soon, i will have to rebuild my machine.

Can anyone help ???????????

Gordon Byers.

Sat, 25 Sep 2004 17:03:40 GMT
 Error accesing the system registry under XP Pro
I have now fixed this by running the
latest REGmon utlity, which identified the problem key.

gordon

Quote:
> I am running;
> XP Professional
> VB6 SP4

> on a;
> Athlon 800
> 384MB Ram

> I am opening the References section in VB, and am getting the following
> message;

> Error accessing the system registry

> I have read the MS KB article Q269383, which explains the problem to be
> related to installing Crystal V8 on the same machine as VB.  Which i did
> over 6 months ago.  The KB Article states the resolution to this problem
is
> to browse the registry for 'dimmed keys'.  I have searched the registry in
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID.  But to no avail.

> Unless i get this problem sorted soon, i will have to rebuild my machine.

> Can anyone help ???????????

> Gordon Byers.

Sat, 25 Sep 2004 17:55:56 GMT
 Error accesing the system registry under XP Pro

Quote:

> I am opening the References section in VB, and am getting the following
> message;

> Error accessing the system registry

> I have read the MS KB article Q269383, which explains the problem to be
> related to installing Crystal V8 on the same machine as VB.  Which i did
> over 6 months ago.  The KB Article states the resolution to this problem is
> to browse the registry for 'dimmed keys'.  I have searched the registry in
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID.  But to no avail.

> Unless i get this problem sorted soon, i will have to rebuild my machine.

> Can anyone help ???????????

I note that you've fixed it.  That said... at the CR website (whateveer
it is these days), they -should- have a fix.  I recall getting info on
where to find it from Microsoft support.  The file is currently named
scr8_webregfix.exe, but it's possible I renamed it when I downloaded
it.

In my case, the bug prevented me from installing Visual Studio.  I'm
running NT4, so I don't know if that fix would work on XP or not.

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 05:02:34 GMT

1. Can't use File System Object on XP Pro

2. Deployment error on XP pro machine : URGENT

3. XP Pro, Access, "Undefined Error"

4. file system object error with Windows XP

5. ACC97: Error accessing system registry in VBA

6. ERROR: comcat.dll was unable to register itself in the system registry

7. Error accessing the System Registry

8. Error accessing the system registry

9. "Error accessing system registry" message

10. Error during install (Unable to update system registry)

11. VB IDE: Error accessing the system registry

12. Error Accessing the System Registry