VB6 Service Pack
Author Message
 VB6 Service Pack

Does anyone know when this will be out?  Its DEFINATELY needed.  I can't get
VB6 to run for more than an hour without crashing for any number of reasons.

My machine is a P2 233 with 128mb of RAM, intel motherboard, NT4.0 SP3,
IE4.X.  I used to have VB5 on the machine but I removed it (as I believed it
caused problems with VB6), etc.

SG

Tue, 13 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 Service Pack
VB6 was just recently released, so don't count on a service pack for
quite a while!

---Russell Davis

Quote:

>Does anyone know when this will be out?  Its DEFINATELY needed.  I
can't get
>VB6 to run for more than an hour without crashing for any number of
reasons.

>My machine is a P2 233 with 128mb of RAM, intel motherboard, NT4.0
SP3,
>IE4.X.  I used to have VB5 on the machine but I removed it (as I
believed it
>caused problems with VB6), etc.

>SG

Thu, 15 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 Service Pack

Quote:

>VB6 was just recently released, so don't count on a service pack for
>quite a while!

Eh?

VB5 was released around March 1997 if I remember correctly. By
December or thereabouts we were up to service pack 3 weren't we?

I'm not committing anything to VB6 until the first service pack is out
(haven't placed an order for it yet, and when SP1 comes out I might
upgrade).

Andrew

Thu, 15 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 Service Pack
Did you remove VB 5 before or after you installed VB 6?

It is my understanding that uninstalling VB 5 after VB 6 is installed may cause problems in VB 6.

Stu
www.saberman.com

Quote:

>Does anyone know when this will be out?  Its DEFINATELY needed.  I can't get
>VB6 to run for more than an hour without crashing for any number of reasons.

>My machine is a P2 233 with 128mb of RAM, intel motherboard, NT4.0 SP3,
>IE4.X.  I used to have VB5 on the machine but I removed it (as I believed it
>caused problems with VB6), etc.

>SG

Thu, 15 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 Service Pack
Steven Goh wrote  ..
.

Quote:
>Does anyone know when this will be out?  Its DEFINATELY needed.  I can't get
>VB6 to run for more than an hour without crashing for any number of reasons.

I don't want to start rumors, but a few guys just got back from VBITs and
they came back with the impression that the first SP would be out
sometime in November.

Preston
E.. A.. G.. L.. E.. S, Eagles!
http://www.vais.net/~pwerntz

Thu, 15 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 Service Pack
Just in case everyone wasn't aware MS have decided to release VB6 + VC6 SP1 at
the end of October.

It should sort out quite a few problems. Check out the MS site for more details.

Quote:

> Steven Goh wrote  ..
> .
> >Does anyone know when this will be out?  Its DEFINATELY needed.  I can't get
> >VB6 to run for more than an hour without crashing for any number of reasons.

> I don't want to start rumors, but a few guys just got back from VBITs and
> they came back with the impression that the first SP would be out
> sometime in November.

> Preston
> E.. A.. G.. L.. E.. S, Eagles!
> http://www.vais.net/~pwerntz

Thu, 29 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB6 Service Pack 3

2. VB6 Service Pack 3

3. VB6 Service Pack 3

4. VB6 Service Pack 2

5. VB6 Service Pack 1, please?

6. Crystal Reports and VB6 Service Pack 3

7. Question about installing VB6 service pack 6

8. VB6.0 Service Pack 4 with Access 2000

9. HELP -- VB6.0 Access2002 Service Pack 4

10. VB6.0 Service Pack 4 with Access 2000

11. VB6 and Service Packs

12. Error using XBASE DBIII within datacontrol with Service pack 4 of VB6 Ent