Winsock has bugs?
Author Message
 Winsock has bugs?

hi, VB experts !

I am making some program using MS Winsock control in VB, but  I meet
some problems.
I suspect it's the controls bugs...
The abstract of the program is as follows;

A server program is running in unix(hp-ux 10.20), and a client program
is running in PC(the client program is developed with VB). When I use
Connect and Senddata method in the same event, it doesn't work
correctly, that is, the connection is establised but it doesn't send any

data. However, it works correctly when I use Connect and Senddata method

of Winsock control respectively.
I made a "Refresh" button, and I insert Connect and Senddat into the
buttons's click event, but it doesn't work correctly. So I made two
buttons, "Connect" and "Refresh" button, and insert Connect method in
"Connect" button's click event, and Senddata method in "Refresh"
button's click event, and I can get the result. How can I solve the
problem?

Another problem is as follows;
It doesn't  reconnect to the server if  I try to reconnect to the server

soon after disconnection. I want to connect and disconnect to the server

several times, but it works only at first time.

I really hope VB masters' good advice.

Thank you.

Fri, 09 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Having problem with multiple client winsock control

2. Having problem with multiple client winsock control

3. *WINSOCK* Control - Still having problems.

4. Winsock workaround to bug ?

5. VB6 winsock.ocx bug?

6. WINSOCK BUGS, HELP!

7. Serious winsock bug