runtime error # 3218 with VB 6.0
Author Message
 runtime error # 3218 with VB 6.0

Any ideas about the nature of runtime error #3218 returned by the Err object
(the Number property). This is with VB 6.0 and the result of an "on error
goto". Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill L. Davis

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:18:21 GMT
 runtime error # 3218 with VB 6.0
Did you look at the Err.Description as well as Err.Number?

The description associated with 3218 is "Couldn't update; currently locked."

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele/

Quote:
> Any ideas about the nature of runtime error #3218 returned by the Err
object
> (the Number property). This is with VB 6.0 and the result of an "on error
> goto". Any help would be appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Bill L. Davis

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 05:38:48 GMT
 runtime error # 3218 with VB 6.0
yep, I've since then found that but thanks for the reply!

Quote:
> Did you look at the Err.Description as well as Err.Number?

> The description associated with 3218 is "Couldn't update; currently
locked."

> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele/

> > Any ideas about the nature of runtime error #3218 returned by the Err
> object
> > (the Number property). This is with VB 6.0 and the result of an "on
error
> > goto". Any help would be appreciated.

> > Thanks,
> > Bill L. Davis

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 06:19:07 GMT

1. Access hangs up after error 3218

2. Access hangs after error 3218

3. 3218 Record Lock error

4. Error 3218?

5. Error Code : 3218 while running application

6. Error 3218 with MDB File on Novell Netware

7. Error 3218 - This One Is Really Weird

8. Help, Error 3218 when replicating a database.

9. Help, Error 3218 when replicating

10. Error 3218 with MDB File on Novell Netware!

11. Help: Error 3218 in VB5 data access

12. Error 3218 with MDB File on Novell Netware