Class of control was not a loaded control class - Reference Replaced with unknown .OCA file
Author Message
 Class of control was not a loaded control class - Reference Replaced with unknown .OCA file

Using: Visual Basic 6.0 SP5

I have a "Main Project", a standard exe, with references to serveral
DLLs and OCXs that I have built (custom controls).  All the DLL/OCX
projects have binary compatibilty set so the CLSID will not change on
rebuilds.

I have been able to open this project for the last six month with no
problem.  This afternoon, when I opened the project I suddenly get the
following message in visual basic:

Class <XXX> of <YYY> control was not a loaded control class

and Message to the frmHHHH log file

I checked the "Main Project" .vbp file in Notepad and discovered that
VB replaced my reference to a OCX to another one that did not exists,
the file ended in .OCA  I had remove the invalid reference and then
open my project in VB.  This removed the offending error message.

Has anyone come across this error before? I have check MSDN and KB but
found nothing on it.  I have seen serveral posting on this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Wed, 11 Aug 2004 04:11:58 GMT

1. Class Not a Loaded Control Class

2. Error - Not a loaded control class

3. ?? Not a loaded control class

4. Error - not a loaded control class ???

5. Error - Not a loaded control class

6. Help: not a loaded control class

7. CommonDialog1 was not a loaded control class

8. was not a loaded control class

9. CommonDialog1 was not a loaded control class

10. CommonDialog1 was not a loaded control class

11. not a loaded control class.

12. ...was not a loaded control class...