Cannot add CLASS MODULE anymore
Author Message
 Cannot add CLASS MODULE anymore

Hi,

For some very weird reason, I cannot add a CLASS MODULE anymore to any kind or
projects where a class module is permitted.

I've tried it in a ActiveX DLL project and when I right click on "Project1" and
select "Add", "Class Module" is not in the list of possible options.

Of course, the default "Class1" Class Module is automatically added when starting
an ActiveX DLL project but I can't add any other by the usual way.

I also tried from the menu item "Project" and "Add Class Module" isn't there
either.

I tried "Add" - "Add File..." and could add successfully a previously
created .CLS file.

I also used the Class Builder successfully to add a class.

I did the same steps on another computer and everything works fine!

Do you have a solution?

Thanks!

Mon, 08 Sep 2003 03:33:07 GMT
 Cannot add CLASS MODULE anymore
My VB menus and toolbars also get corrupted on occasion.

Try the following:

Exit all running instances of VB.
Start a new instance with any (or a new/dummy) project.
Right-click the toolbar area.
Select Customize...
Select each of the toolbars and click Reset...
Close the Customize dialog.
Exit VB - you may get somme errors - just click OK.

Reopen VB, and in most cases your menus and toolbar buttons should be back
in order.

I have had a few situations where I have had to go into the registry and
delete some of the configuration info for VB, but I don't have a reliable
recipe on what I did and what worked - nor what may mess you up further...

HTH,
Tore.

[...]

Mon, 08 Sep 2003 05:27:21 GMT
 Cannot add CLASS MODULE anymore
Hi Michael,

It seems that you should rebuild the UI inVB IDE. Here are the steps(
WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that
may require you to reinstall the operating system. For information about
how to edit the registry, view the "Changing Keys and Values" Help topic in
Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) or the "Add and Delete Information in the
Registry" and "Edit Registry Data" Help topics in Regedt32.exe. Note that
you should back up the registry before you edit it):

1. Click Start -> Run, type REGEDIT top open the registry,

2. Navigate to the following key,

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Visual Basic\6.0

3. On the right pane, delete the UI value.

4. Reopen VB, all the UI will be re-built.

Best Regards,

Mon, 08 Sep 2003 11:54:57 GMT
 Cannot add CLASS MODULE anymore
Tore,

Thanks. Just had the same thing happen to me. I think it was the IE 5.5
upgrade.

Saved me some time.

Darryl

Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:57:43 GMT
 Cannot add CLASS MODULE anymore
I'm having the same problem! I can't see the original post... can you send
me a copy of the response?? Thanks

Quote:
> Tore,

> Thanks. Just had the same thing happen to me. I think it was the IE 5.5
> upgrade.

> Saved me some time.

> Darryl

Sat, 04 Oct 2003 23:59:02 GMT

1. Class Module - Cannot create an event procedure for control on form

2. Cannot see class modules when .mde used as reference

3. Class modules 97 - Refering to array within a custom class module

4. Accessing procedures of a class module from another class module

5. Reasons why I cannot create a public sub write in a class module

6. Adding a Class Module

7. Error 64509: Cannot open anymore databases

8. solution cannot find the project anymore

9. VB3: cannot access db3-files anymore

10. VB cannot open/read data from excel file anymore - automation error

11. Cannot update or delete anymore

12. Cannot run ASP pages anymore - COM+ and ASP error