Help!!!
Author Message
 Help!!!

Hi,

I am working on a VB project now.  The project exe file works fine in
windows workstation, 98.  I installed it in our Windows2000 server box, it
also works fine.  But if I switch to another user, login and run the project
in Windows2K, I got a Windows Installer message and let me insert Microsoft
office 2000 SR-1 CD, it seems Windows Installer is looking for  'data1.msi'
package.

In my project, call java beans in DLL through RMI, also call functions from
other OCXs.

It would be very much appreciated if anyone can help.

Thanks.

Ke

Wed, 08 Oct 2003 03:21:24 GMT
 Help!!!
Ke Wu,
There are heaps of bugs detailed in MSDN normally to do with installing from
one CD and then updating from another. Or installing over a network and then
trying to update from another.
Office 2000 always expects you to install and update from the same source.
I suggest uninstalling Office 2000 then re-install with all features enabled
so you never get prompted for the install CD again,
Go to MSDN and search on 'data1.msi'
Regards
Mike MCP

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am working on a VB project now.  The project exe file works fine in
> windows workstation, 98.  I installed it in our Windows2000 server box, it
> also works fine.  But if I switch to another user, login and run the
project
> in Windows2K, I got a Windows Installer message and let me insert
Microsoft
> office 2000 SR-1 CD, it seems Windows Installer is looking for
'data1.msi'
> package.

> In my project, call java beans in DLL through RMI, also call functions
from
> other OCXs.

> It would be very much appreciated if anyone can help.

> Thanks.

> Ke

Thu, 09 Oct 2003 19:19:24 GMT
 Help!!!
First of all, thanks for the note you post on the web for my question.

But the question is that I have not made any change to Office 2000 for many
months. I have seen this Installer problem come and go at various times. It
might go away if I reinstall Office, but that is definitely not what caused
the problem.

Just a further note -- when I did originally install Office, I did it all at
one time from the CD-ROM (not over the network). I have never added any
components since that first time.

Do you have any more thoughts about this?

Thank you very much.

Ke

Quote:
> Ke Wu,
> There are heaps of bugs detailed in MSDN normally to do with installing
from
> one CD and then updating from another. Or installing over a network and
then
> trying to update from another.
> Office 2000 always expects you to install and update from the same source.
> I suggest uninstalling Office 2000 then re-install with all features
enabled
> so you never get prompted for the install CD again,
> Go to MSDN and search on 'data1.msi'
> Regards
> Mike MCP

> > Hi,

> > I am working on a VB project now.  The project exe file works fine in
> > windows workstation, 98.  I installed it in our Windows2000 server box,
it
> > also works fine.  But if I switch to another user, login and run the
> project
> > in Windows2K, I got a Windows Installer message and let me insert
> Microsoft
> > office 2000 SR-1 CD, it seems Windows Installer is looking for
> 'data1.msi'
> > package.

> > In my project, call java beans in DLL through RMI, also call functions
> from
> > other OCXs.

> > It would be very much appreciated if anyone can help.

> > Thanks.

> > Ke

Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:20:07 GMT
 Help!!!
I kept getting that problem with Visual Studio Development Environment (InterDev, VS Inst)

I just kept clicking cancel

--

Assistant Developer

iCode Systems

Quote:

> First of all, thanks for the note you post on the web for my question.

> But the question is that I have not made any change to Office 2000 for many
> months. I have seen this Installer problem come and go at various times. It
> might go away if I reinstall Office, but that is definitely not what caused
> the problem.

> Just a further note -- when I did originally install Office, I did it all at
> one time from the CD-ROM (not over the network). I have never added any
> components since that first time.

> Do you have any more thoughts about this?

> Thank you very much.

> Ke

> > Ke Wu,
> > There are heaps of bugs detailed in MSDN normally to do with installing
> from
> > one CD and then updating from another. Or installing over a network and
> then
> > trying to update from another.
> > Office 2000 always expects you to install and update from the same source.
> > I suggest uninstalling Office 2000 then re-install with all features
> enabled
> > so you never get prompted for the install CD again,
> > Go to MSDN and search on 'data1.msi'
> > Regards
> > Mike MCP

> > > Hi,

> > > I am working on a VB project now.  The project exe file works fine in
> > > windows workstation, 98.  I installed it in our Windows2000 server box,
> it
> > > also works fine.  But if I switch to another user, login and run the
> > project
> > > in Windows2K, I got a Windows Installer message and let me insert
> > Microsoft
> > > office 2000 SR-1 CD, it seems Windows Installer is looking for
> > 'data1.msi'
> > > package.

> > > In my project, call java beans in DLL through RMI, also call functions
> > from
> > > other OCXs.

> > > It would be very much appreciated if anyone can help.

> > > Thanks.

> > > Ke

Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:36:00 GMT
 Help!!!

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am working on a VB project now.  The project exe file works fine in
> windows workstation, 98.  I installed it in our Windows2000 server box, it
> also works fine.  But if I switch to another user, login and run the
project
> in Windows2K, I got a Windows Installer message and let me insert
Microsoft
> office 2000 SR-1 CD, it seems Windows Installer is looking for
'data1.msi'
> package.

> In my project, call java beans in DLL through RMI, also call functions
from
> other OCXs.

> It would be very much appreciated if anyone can help.

> Thanks.

The problem relates to security on the Microsoft Installer.  To fix the
problem:
1.  From the Start menu select Run...
2.  Type   MMC    and press enter.
3.  From the Console menu select "Add/Remove Snap-in..."
4.  Click the Add... button.
5.  Select "Group Policy" then click Add and OK.
6.  Open the following nested folders in the left pane:
  Local Computer Policy
    Administrative Templates
      Windows Components
7.  Click Windows Installer in the left pane.
8.  Double-click "Always install with elevated privileges" in the right
pane.
9.  Select Enabled and place a check next to "Check to force setting on;
uncheck to force setting off."
10.  Click OK and exit the Microsoft Management Console.
11.  Log on as a non-administrator user.
12.  Run your program that requires the user to insert the Office 2000 CD.
13.  When prompted insert the Office 2000 CD and allow the Windows Installer
to read from the CD.
14.  Remove the CD when no longer needed, close your program, then restart
the program to verify that the CD is no longer needed.

Charles Hooper

Fri, 17 Oct 2003 00:25:33 GMT
 Help!!!

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am working on a VB project now.  The project exe file works fine in
> windows workstation, 98.  I installed it in our Windows2000 server box, it
> also works fine.  But if I switch to another user, login and run the
project
> in Windows2K, I got a Windows Installer message and let me insert
Microsoft
> office 2000 SR-1 CD, it seems Windows Installer is looking for
'data1.msi'
> package.

> In my project, call java beans in DLL through RMI, also call functions
from
> other OCXs.

> It would be very much appreciated if anyone can help.

> Thanks.

The problem relates to security on the Microsoft Installer.  To fix the
problem:
1.  From the Start menu select Run...
2.  Type   MMC    and press enter.
3.  From the Console menu select "Add/Remove Snap-in..."
4.  Click the Add... button.
5.  Select "Group Policy" then click Add and OK.
6.  Open the following nested folders in the left pane:
  Local Computer Policy
    Administrative Templates
      Windows Components
7.  Click Windows Installer in the left pane.
8.  Double-click "Always install with elevated privileges" in the right
pane.
9.  Select Enabled and place a check next to "Check to force setting on;
uncheck to force setting off."
10.  Click OK and exit the Microsoft Management Console.
11.  Log on as a non-administrator user.
12.  Run your program that requires the user to insert the Office 2000 CD.
13.  When prompted insert the Office 2000 CD and allow the Windows Installer
to read from the CD.
14.  Remove the CD when no longer needed, close your program, then restart
the program to verify that the CD is no longer needed.

Charles Hooper

Fri, 17 Oct 2003 00:26:47 GMT
 Help!!!
on a related note:

if you install vb6 and then ms project 2000, don't run regclean, or you'll
get prompted for the ms project cd every time you start vb.

Quote:

> > Hi,

> > I am working on a VB project now.  The project exe file works fine in
> > windows workstation, 98.  I installed it in our Windows2000 server box,
it
> > also works fine.  But if I switch to another user, login and run the
> project
> > in Windows2K, I got a Windows Installer message and let me insert
> Microsoft
> > office 2000 SR-1 CD, it seems Windows Installer is looking for
> 'data1.msi'
> > package.

> > In my project, call java beans in DLL through RMI, also call functions
> from
> > other OCXs.

> > It would be very much appreciated if anyone can help.

> > Thanks.

> The problem relates to security on the Microsoft Installer.  To fix the
> problem:
> 1.  From the Start menu select Run...
> 2.  Type   MMC    and press enter.
> 3.  From the Console menu select "Add/Remove Snap-in..."
> 4.  Click the Add... button.
> 5.  Select "Group Policy" then click Add and OK.
> 6.  Open the following nested folders in the left pane:
>   Local Computer Policy
>     Administrative Templates
>       Windows Components
> 7.  Click Windows Installer in the left pane.
> 8.  Double-click "Always install with elevated privileges" in the right
> pane.
> 9.  Select Enabled and place a check next to "Check to force setting on;
> uncheck to force setting off."
> 10.  Click OK and exit the Microsoft Management Console.
> 11.  Log on as a non-administrator user.
> 12.  Run your program that requires the user to insert the Office 2000 CD.
> 13.  When prompted insert the Office 2000 CD and allow the Windows
Installer
> to read from the CD.
> 14.  Remove the CD when no longer needed, close your program, then restart
> the program to verify that the CD is no longer needed.

> Charles Hooper

Fri, 17 Oct 2003 18:08:29 GMT
 Help!!!
Thank you very much.  I just back from vacation.  I will try this solutions.

Ke

Quote:
> on a related note:

> if you install vb6 and then ms project 2000, don't run regclean, or you'll
> get prompted for the ms project cd every time you start vb.

> > > Hi,

> > > I am working on a VB project now.  The project exe file works fine in
> > > windows workstation, 98.  I installed it in our Windows2000 server
box,
> it
> > > also works fine.  But if I switch to another user, login and run the
> > project
> > > in Windows2K, I got a Windows Installer message and let me insert
> > Microsoft
> > > office 2000 SR-1 CD, it seems Windows Installer is looking for
> > 'data1.msi'
> > > package.

> > > In my project, call java beans in DLL through RMI, also call functions
> > from
> > > other OCXs.

> > > It would be very much appreciated if anyone can help.

> > > Thanks.

> > The problem relates to security on the Microsoft Installer.  To fix the
> > problem:
> > 1.  From the Start menu select Run...
> > 2.  Type   MMC    and press enter.
> > 3.  From the Console menu select "Add/Remove Snap-in..."
> > 4.  Click the Add... button.
> > 5.  Select "Group Policy" then click Add and OK.
> > 6.  Open the following nested folders in the left pane:
> >   Local Computer Policy
> >     Administrative Templates
> >       Windows Components
> > 7.  Click Windows Installer in the left pane.
> > 8.  Double-click "Always install with elevated privileges" in the right
> > pane.
> > 9.  Select Enabled and place a check next to "Check to force setting on;
> > uncheck to force setting off."
> > 10.  Click OK and exit the Microsoft Management Console.
> > 11.  Log on as a non-administrator user.
> > 12.  Run your program that requires the user to insert the Office 2000
CD.
> > 13.  When prompted insert the Office 2000 CD and allow the Windows
> Installer
> > to read from the CD.
> > 14.  Remove the CD when no longer needed, close your program, then
restart
> > the program to verify that the CD is no longer needed.

> > Charles Hooper

Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:31:39 GMT

1. help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,

2. Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,

3. Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help,

4. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELPHELP HELP HELPHELP HELP HELP

5. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

6. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HEL P HELP HE LP HELP HELP HEL P HELP HELP

7. Help Help Help Help Help Help !!!!!

8. HELP HELP HELP Set document name of print job from VB HELP HELP HELP

9. HELP HELP HELP Early Binding Excel 5.0 HELP HELP HELP

10. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

11. Help - Print - Help -Print - Help - Print - Help - Print - Help

12. help help help help help