COMCTL32.OCX / Toolbar Problems
Author Message
 COMCTL32.OCX / Toolbar Problems

I have been encountering what seems to be a bug in comctl32.ocx, and I'm
wondering
if someone can suggest a work-around. First of all, I am using VB5
Enterprise
Edition, running under Windows NT4 Workstation, with Internet Explorer 4
Installed.

I have been attempting to use comctl32.ocx to create a user-customisable
toolbar,
and the problem I have is with the SaveToolbar and RestoreToolbar routines,
which
should store the current configuration in the registry, and recall it
respectively.
The format of SaveToolbar is: SaveToolbar("Key", "SubKey", "Value"), and the
documentation suggests that it should store the settings under:
 HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/VB and VBA Program Settings/Key/SubKey/Value
However, in practise, the settings end up under:
 HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/SubKey/Value
And the RestoreToolbar routine has no effect, presumable since it does not
expect
the settings to be stored in this location. This renders the whole
process useless. I was originally using an older version of comctl32.ocx,
but have
now upgraded it to the SP2 version, but the bug is still the same.

Can anyone help, suggest a work-around, or at least confirm that I'm not
going mad?

Thanks,
     Andy.

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

Tue, 20 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. COMCTL32.OCX / Toolbar Problems

2. Color problems in COMCTL32.OCX toolbar control

3. Dependency Files for comctl32.ocx and comctl32.ocx

4. Pb with Toolbar control form COMCTL32.OCX

5. Toolbar from Comctl32.Ocx ?

6. Toolbar (COMCTL32.OCX) customization question

7. Comctl32.ocx - Toolbar madness!

8. Toolbar control (comctl32.ocx) doesnt work!?!?

9. My projects containg toolbars don't appear Can't find COMCTL32.ocx

10. COMCTL32.OCX, COMDLG32.OCX, among other problems...

11. Answer to comdlg32.ocx and comctl32.ocx registration problems

12. Problems registering comdlg32.ocx and comctl32.ocx