Error msg with "Operation is not allowed on an obj referencing a closed or invalid connection"
Author Message
 Error msg with "Operation is not allowed on an obj referencing a closed or invalid connection"

I encounter this error msg "Operation is not allowed on an object
referencing a closed or invalid connection."

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?? Where is the problem causes??
Thanks..

Mon, 02 Feb 2004 17:37:31 GMT
 Error msg with "Operation is not allowed on an obj referencing a closed or invalid connection"
Sounds like the ADO connection is closed.

Quote:
> I encounter this error msg "Operation is not allowed on an object
> referencing a closed or invalid connection."

> Can anyone help me to solve this problem?? Where is the problem causes??
> Thanks..

Mon, 02 Feb 2004 20:12:03 GMT
 Error msg with "Operation is not allowed on an obj referencing a closed or invalid connection"
So how can i solve the problem?? Any solution on this problem??

Quote:
> Sounds like the ADO connection is closed.

> > I encounter this error msg "Operation is not allowed on an object
> > referencing a closed or invalid connection."

> > Can anyone help me to solve this problem?? Where is the problem causes??
> > Thanks..

Tue, 03 Feb 2004 12:45:37 GMT
 Error msg with "Operation is not allowed on an obj referencing a closed or invalid connection"
You're trying to perform an operation that requires an open connection. The
question is whether or not you forgot to open the connection, or whether or
not the connection closed unexpectedly. A way to prevent the error from
occurring would be to use the conditional statement, "If connection.state =
1 then...". A value of 1 means that the connection is still open.

Regards,
Neil Konitzer
Freisoft
www.freisoft.com

Quote:
> I encounter this error msg "Operation is not allowed on an object
> referencing a closed or invalid connection."

> Can anyone help me to solve this problem?? Where is the problem causes??
> Thanks..

Sun, 08 Feb 2004 10:42:29 GMT

1. '3709': Operation is not allowed on an object referencing a closed or invalid connection

2. Operation is not allowed when the object is closed - error

3. "Operation is not allowed"

4. Operation is not allowed when the object is closed

5. Operation is not allowed when the object is closed

6. Operation is not allowed when the object is closed and CommanTimeout,

7. Operation is not allowed when the object is closed

8. operation is not allowed when the object is closed

9. Operation is not allowed when the object is closed

10. Stored Proc problems - Operation not allowed when the object is closed

11. operation not allowed when object is closed

12. msg "the operation failed"