VB6 crashes when adding Common Dialog Control 6.0
Author Message
 VB6 crashes when adding Common Dialog Control 6.0

When I try to add Microsoft Common Dialog Control 6.0, so that I should be
able to choose it from the available controls, VB6 apparently crashes. What
I see is that VB6 closes immediately, and when I start it again, and open my
project once more, the control is still not available. Have anyone else seen
this behaviour?

My installation is Visual Studio 6 (all applications) on a Windows 2000
system.

Best regards,
David List

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 02:18:31 GMT
 VB6 crashes when adding Common Dialog Control 6.0
Is this even on a new project ?
How about disbaling some addins ?

Quote:
> When I try to add Microsoft Common Dialog Control 6.0, so that I should be
> able to choose it from the available controls, VB6 apparently crashes.
What
> I see is that VB6 closes immediately, and when I start it again, and open
my
> project once more, the control is still not available. Have anyone else
seen
> this behaviour?

> My installation is Visual Studio 6 (all applications) on a Windows 2000
> system.

> Best regards,
> David List

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 05:07:04 GMT
 VB6 crashes when adding Common Dialog Control 6.0
David,

Another poster mentioned this but I concur.. First unload all of your
add-ins and try again.    Then reload your add-ins.  If that takes care of
it then one of the add-ins was messing up when it went through its
connection routine to the IDE.   If that does not do it, I am afraid you may
have a corrupted OCX or some other library corrupted that is causing some
type of memory fragment that the Common Dialog hits when it tries to
initialize.

--
Sincerely,

Todd B - CEO - Agendum Software

(608) 837-6736  Voice                (419) 821-9599 Fax

** New Version of AgMapthat Project Browser Plus now available!  New product
releases coming shortly
including new freeware downloads **

Quote:
> When I try to add Microsoft Common Dialog Control 6.0, so that I should be
> able to choose it from the available controls, VB6 apparently crashes.
What
> I see is that VB6 closes immediately, and when I start it again, and open
my
> project once more, the control is still not available. Have anyone else
seen
> this behaviour?

> My installation is Visual Studio 6 (all applications) on a Windows 2000
> system.

> Best regards,
> David List

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 13:42:33 GMT
 VB6 crashes when adding Common Dialog Control 6.0

Quote:
> Is this even on a new project ?
> How about disbaling some addins ?

The problem disappeared when I installed SP5. Thank you for your answer.

Best regards,
David List

Sat, 22 Nov 2003 17:16:00 GMT
 VB6 crashes when adding Common Dialog Control 6.0

Quote:
> David,

> Another poster mentioned this but I concur.. First unload all of your
> add-ins and try again.    Then reload your add-ins.  If that takes care of
> it then one of the add-ins was messing up when it went through its
> connection routine to the IDE.   If that does not do it, I am afraid you
may
> have a corrupted OCX or some other library corrupted that is causing some
> type of memory fragment that the Common Dialog hits when it tries to
> initialize.

The problem disappeared when I installed SP5. Thank you for your answer.

Best regards,
David List

Sat, 22 Nov 2003 17:16:45 GMT

1. VB6 crashes when trying to add Common Dialog Control to a project

2. vb6 - I have no Project-Components-Control called Microsoft Common Dialog Control 6.0

3. Microsoft Common Dialog Control 6.0 Problem (Print Dialog)

4. Help: VB6 Crashes after adding Crystal Report 6.0 Designer report

5. Microsoft Common Dialog Controls version 6.0

6. VB 6.0 Common Dialog Control Equivalent

7. Common dialog 6.0 control overwriting 5.0 verson

8. MS Common Dialog Control 6.0

9. INET Control Crashing; VStudio 6.0, VB6.0

10. VB6 Common Dialog Control error - unable to lock memory associated with a handle

11. vb6 common dialog control to save images

12. Where is the VB6 Common Dialog Control?