I am zapped with this error
Author Message
 I am zapped with this error

I am using VB 6.0 under Win2K professional. My (SDI) application runs
perfectly on my system but when I try to run the executable on a Win 98 or
Win NT box, I get this error.

error 430:

I have copied mscomctl.ocx in the system folder of the win 98 box and the
Win NT box has Vb 6.0 installed on it. Is it a case of missing library or
what. If any library is missing how do I know which one? Can any one help.

Thanks and regards.

Fri, 10 Oct 2003 21:07:15 GMT
 I am zapped with this error
On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 18:37:15 +0530, "Sushil Dudhalkar"

Quote:

>I am using VB 6.0 under Win2K professional. My (SDI) application runs
>perfectly on my system but when I try to run the executable on a Win 98 or
>Win NT box, I get this error.

>error 430:

>I have copied mscomctl.ocx in the system folder of the win 98 box and the
>Win NT box has Vb 6.0 installed on it. Is it a case of missing library or
>what. If any library is missing how do I know which one? Can any one help.

>Thanks and regards.

Why don't you use the package and deployment wizard to make a proper
setup package? It will copy files to the right directory, and where
required, register them.

When you make the setup package, you will see all the files VB
requires for the installation.

You have put the VB runtime dll (msvbvm60.dll) on to the other
systems?

Also, when you copied mscomctl.ocx, did you register it?

Running a setup package really is the easiest way to go.

Richard.

Fri, 10 Oct 2003 22:44:23 GMT
 I am zapped with this error
Thanks Richard.

Quote:
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 18:37:15 +0530, "Sushil Dudhalkar"

> >I am using VB 6.0 under Win2K professional. My (SDI) application runs
> >perfectly on my system but when I try to run the executable on a Win 98
or
> >Win NT box, I get this error.

> >error 430:

> >I have copied mscomctl.ocx in the system folder of the win 98 box and the
> >Win NT box has Vb 6.0 installed on it. Is it a case of missing library or
> >what. If any library is missing how do I know which one? Can any one
help.

> >Thanks and regards.

> Why don't you use the package and deployment wizard to make a proper
> setup package? It will copy files to the right directory, and where
> required, register them.

> When you make the setup package, you will see all the files VB
> requires for the installation.

> You have put the VB runtime dll (msvbvm60.dll) on to the other
> systems?

> Also, when you copied mscomctl.ocx, did you register it?

> Running a setup package really is the easiest way to go.

> Richard.

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 19:42:25 GMT
 I am zapped with this error
I am using VB 6.0 under Win2K professional. My (SDI) application runs
perfectly on my system but when I try to run the executable on a Win 98 or
Win NT box, I get this error.

error 430: class does not support automation or does not support expected
interface.

I have copied mscomctl.ocx in the system folder of the win 98 box and the
Win NT box has Vb 6.0 installed on it. Is it a case of missing library or
what. If any library is missing how do I know which one? Can any one help.

Thanks and regards.

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 19:39:35 GMT
 I am zapped with this error
Are you using the package and deployment wizard to create an installation
package?  If not, check your Add-In manager in Visual Basic and go through
the steps in the wizard.

If you are doing this, you will need to determine where in your code the
program is failing.  You can do this with MsgBox or writing to a log file.
Once you determine where it is failing it is a simple matter of determining
what object is being created there and then deploying and registering that
file.

Kevin

--------------------

| Subject: I am zapped with this error
| Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 17:09:35 +0530

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.bugs
|
| I am using VB 6.0 under Win2K professional. My (SDI) application runs
| perfectly on my system but when I try to run the executable on a Win 98 or
| Win NT box, I get this error.
|
| error 430: class does not support automation or does not support expected
| interface.
|

| I have copied mscomctl.ocx in the system folder of the win 98 box and the
| Win NT box has Vb 6.0 installed on it. Is it a case of missing library or
| what. If any library is missing how do I know which one? Can any one help.
|
| Thanks and regards.

Mon, 13 Oct 2003 05:45:05 GMT
 I am zapped with this error

Quote:
> I am using VB 6.0 under Win2K professional. My (SDI) application runs
> perfectly on my system but when I try to run the executable on a Win 98 or
> Win NT box, I get this error.

> error 430:

> I have copied mscomctl.ocx in the system folder of the win 98 box and the
> Win NT box has Vb 6.0 installed on it. Is it a case of missing library or
> what. If any library is missing how do I know which one? Can any one help.

> Thanks and regards.

You say you copied the file, did you register it using RegSvr32 ? If not
then the Class ID will not be in the registry and therefore not available.

Regards

Jason

Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:48:41 GMT

1. Locking error, DataControl Error, or am I stupid ?

2. Locking error, DataControl Error, or am I stupid ?

3. VBA to zap all attachments in a folder

4. Zapper.bas is Zapping itself.

5. zapping deleted record

6. How to Zap dbf files

7. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

9. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

10. why am I getting this error??

11. Error 3048 - I AM DESPAIRING!

12. What am I missing in this error handler?