VB and Windows XP 
Author Message
 VB and Windows XP

I have Visual Basic SP5. Is it compatible with Windows XP
or must we wait for Visual Basic.NET, which is not
released??


Wed, 28 Jan 2004 05:53:12 GMT  
 VB and Windows XP
I am assuming you are talking about Visual Basic 6.0 SP5.  Yes, it will
work on Windows XP just like it will work on Windows 98 or any other
version of Windows.  And Visual Basic .NET will work on any version of
Windows as well.  You just have to create a setup package and deploy it
just like a VB6 application.

Kevin Williamson - Microsoft Visual Basic Support

--------------------
| Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message


| Subject: VB and Windows XP
| Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 14:53:12 -0700
| Lines: 3

| MIME-Version: 1.0
| Content-Type: text/plain;
|       charset="iso-8859-1"
| Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
| X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
| X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4133.2400
| Thread-Index: AcEh5tnwZLvg2zAKQ4SjIuTm7AJsEQ==
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.bugs
| NNTP-Posting-Host: TKMSFTNGXA04 10.201.232.163
| Path: cppssbbsa01.microsoft.com!tkmsftngp01!cpmsftngxa10!cpmsftngxa08
| Xref: cppssbbsa01.microsoft.com microsoft.public.vb.bugs:45793
| X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.vb.bugs
|
| I have Visual Basic SP5. Is it compatible with Windows XP
| or must we wait for Visual Basic.NET, which is not
| released??
|



Sat, 31 Jan 2004 04:11:58 GMT  
 VB and Windows XP
Still a confirmation. Will the compiled VB 6.0 SP5
applications will be compatible with Windows XP? I mean
TOTALLY compatible (new interface, new design), and not
run in the compatibility XP mode for old apps?

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>I am assuming you are talking about Visual Basic 6.0
SP5.  Yes, it will
>work on Windows XP just like it will work on Windows 98
or any other
>version of Windows.  And Visual Basic .NET will work on
any version of
>Windows as well.  You just have to create a setup package
and deploy it
>just like a VB6 application.

>Kevin Williamson - Microsoft Visual Basic Support

>--------------------
>| Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message


>| Subject: VB and Windows XP
>| Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 14:53:12 -0700
>| Lines: 3
>| Message-ID: <110aa01c121e6$d9f03f80


Quote:
>| MIME-Version: 1.0
>| Content-Type: text/plain;
>|   charset="iso-8859-1"
>| Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>| X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
>| X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4133.2400
>| Thread-Index: AcEh5tnwZLvg2zAKQ4SjIuTm7AJsEQ==
>| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.bugs
>| NNTP-Posting-Host: TKMSFTNGXA04 10.201.232.163
>| Path: cppssbbsa01.microsoft.com!tkmsftngp01!

cpmsftngxa10!cpmsftngxa08
Quote:
>| Xref: cppssbbsa01.microsoft.com

microsoft.public.vb.bugs:45793

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
>| X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.vb.bugs
>|
>| I have Visual Basic SP5. Is it compatible with Windows
XP
>| or must we wait for Visual Basic.NET, which is not
>| released??
>|

>.



Sun, 01 Feb 2004 05:48:55 GMT  
 VB and Windows XP
Robin,

Yes, it will be completely compatible.

Kevin Williamson - Microsoft Visual Basic Support

--------------------
| Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message




| Subject: RE: VB and Windows XP
| Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 14:48:55 -0700
| Lines: 50

| MIME-Version: 1.0
| Content-Type: text/plain;
|       charset="iso-8859-1"
| Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
| X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
| Thread-Index: AcElCup9n2tlqEa6RE+2QcxDPe+p7w==
| X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4133.2400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.bugs
| NNTP-Posting-Host: TKMSFTNGXA06 10.201.232.165
| Path: cppssbbsa01.microsoft.com!tkmsftngp01!cpmsftngxa10!cpmsftngxa08
| Xref: cppssbbsa01.microsoft.com microsoft.public.vb.bugs:45842
| X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.vb.bugs
|
| Still a confirmation. Will the compiled VB 6.0 SP5
| applications will be compatible with Windows XP? I mean
| TOTALLY compatible (new interface, new design), and not
| run in the compatibility XP mode for old apps?
|

Quote:
| >-----Original Message-----
| >I am assuming you are talking about Visual Basic 6.0
| SP5.  Yes, it will
| >work on Windows XP just like it will work on Windows 98
| or any other
| >version of Windows.  And Visual Basic .NET will work on
| any version of
| >Windows as well.  You just have to create a setup package
| and deploy it
| >just like a VB6 application.
| >
| >Kevin Williamson - Microsoft Visual Basic Support
| >
| >--------------------
| >| Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message


| >| Subject: VB and Windows XP
| >| Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 14:53:12 -0700
| >| Lines: 3
| >| Message-ID: <110aa01c121e6$d9f03f80

| >| MIME-Version: 1.0
| >| Content-Type: text/plain;
| >|         charset="iso-8859-1"
| >| Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
| >| X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
| >| X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4133.2400
| >| Thread-Index: AcEh5tnwZLvg2zAKQ4SjIuTm7AJsEQ==
| >| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.bugs
| >| NNTP-Posting-Host: TKMSFTNGXA04 10.201.232.163
| >| Path: cppssbbsa01.microsoft.com!tkmsftngp01!
| cpmsftngxa10!cpmsftngxa08
| >| Xref: cppssbbsa01.microsoft.com
| microsoft.public.vb.bugs:45793
| >| X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.vb.bugs
| >|
| >| I have Visual Basic SP5. Is it compatible with Windows
| XP
| >| or must we wait for Visual Basic.NET, which is not
| >| released??
| >|
| >
| >.
| >
|



Mon, 02 Feb 2004 06:41:36 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Running VB With Windows XP

2. vb + cdo + windows xp prof + help

3. VB and Windows XP

4. DatePicker problem under Windows XP and Office XP

5. Ann: Live Chat on VenturCom Boot-NIC - Windows 2000/XP/XP Embedded Diskless Network Boot

6. Windows XP replacment Shell In VB.NET quesiton

7. Win32 API for VB.net on a Windows XP Professional OS

8. Programming MS outlook in VB.Net on Windows XP.

9. VB Common Dialog and Windows XP

10. VB.NET on Windows XP Home

11. Use look and feel of Windows XP in Windows NT with VB6

12. VB .net on Windows XP Home

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software