VB app hangs - any way to force return??
Author Message
 VB app hangs - any way to force return??

My app (a VB slideshow type) finds a bad .gif / .jpg [unwittingly downloaded
from the internet]
which causes the LoadPicture(...) to never
return control. Is there someway to force the LoadPicture to return control
and to take evasive action ie. delete the bad file AND carry on?
If so can some kind soul point me to the correct keywords so I can
research this please.

Ian Turnbull
0961 931941

Web  : www.turnbui.freeserve.co.uk

Thu, 09 Oct 2003 21:43:31 GMT

1. forcing modem to hang up

2. Network question: VB app run off server hangs PC's

3. VB App Setup Wizard makes MS Exchange hang!!!

4. VB app. hangs running as service using Excel

5. VB app hang after running Crystal Report

6. opening DB connection hangs vb app

7. VB app is hanging

8. VB app hangs at .Update after .AddNew --Urgent

9. Setting ADO recordset to nothing hangs VB App

10. VB App hanging around--won't quit

11. VB3: Win 3.x Hangs on Exit w/VB Apps

12. VB app is hanging