ide crash/form not found
Author Message
 ide crash/form not found

sorry guys &gals, I am newbie to newsgroups and really need advice on this

fairly short program (1.3Mb inc data files and resources) worked fine last
night but this a.m. simply will not load.  After shuffling files around
(thinking path/ file name may be causing error) and reinstalling / updating
vb the error still locks me out of project.  incidentally the form file on
floppy will not copy the form across to c:\ at all.  from what i can gather
the error fires when the main form is loaded (every other component
including the latest .bas module I added work fine) ide just will not load
the project without the form.  Any suggestions/workarounds or ways that I
can get my *%$ code out of the faulty form file?

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 08:49:28 GMT
 ide crash/form not found
VBP and FRM files are just text, so you can open them with NotePad to work
on them.  Some FRM files have a complementary FRX files that is the "binary
stash."  Unfortunately, it's not as accessible.  If your form is indeed
corrupted, you may lose the information in the FRX file.  This includes the
form icon, any pictures, and properties for some controls.

If you open up the VBP, you'll see that it's an INI-style listing of forms,
modules and various project properties.  You can manually edit a copy of
this file to remove the offending form.  I would recommend this as a
diagnostic, because it will allow you to isolate the problem.

Another place to look is the LOG file generated with the same name as the
form.  It can offer clues as to why the form is not loading.

Quote:
> sorry guys &gals, I am newbie to newsgroups and really need advice on this

> fairly short program (1.3Mb inc data files and resources) worked fine last
> night but this a.m. simply will not load.  After shuffling files around
> (thinking path/ file name may be causing error) and reinstalling /
updating
> vb the error still locks me out of project.  incidentally the form file on
> floppy will not copy the form across to c:\ at all.  from what i can
gather
> the error fires when the main form is loaded (every other component
> including the latest .bas module I added work fine) ide just will not load
> the project without the form.  Any suggestions/workarounds or ways that I
> can get my *%$ code out of the faulty form file?

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:34:30 GMT
 ide crash/form not found

Quote:
> VBP and FRM files are just text, so you can open them with NotePad to work
> on them.  Some FRM files have a complementary FRX files that is the
"binary
> stash."  Unfortunately, it's not as accessible.  If your form is indeed
> corrupted, you may lose the information in the FRX file.  This includes
the
> form icon, any pictures, and properties for some controls.

> If you open up the VBP, you'll see that it's an INI-style listing of
forms,
> modules and various project properties.  You can manually edit a copy of
> this file to remove the offending form.  I would recommend this as a
> diagnostic, because it will allow you to isolate the problem.

> Another place to look is the LOG file generated with the same name as the
> form.  It can offer clues as to why the form is not loading.

Ta grinder many thanks will try asap

> > sorry guys &gals, I am newbie to newsgroups and really need advice on
this

> > fairly short program (1.3Mb inc data files and resources) worked fine
last
> > night but this a.m. simply will not load.  After shuffling files around
> > (thinking path/ file name may be causing error) and reinstalling /
> updating
> > vb the error still locks me out of project.  incidentally the form file
on
> > floppy will not copy the form across to c:\ at all.  from what i can
> gather
> > the error fires when the main form is loaded (every other component
> > including the latest .bas module I added work fine) ide just will not
load
> > the project without the form.  Any suggestions/workarounds or ways that
> > can get my *%$ code out of the faulty form file?

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:08:52 GMT
 ide crash/form not found
I gave the notepad open and edit a go but no luck.  the other thing of
intrest is that the file cannot be "copy" copied in DOS error msg reads
'error performing inpage operation' so any thoughts on the possibility of
the windows file 'handle' being damaged or another solution??

Quote:
> VBP and FRM files are just text, so you can open them with NotePad to work
> on them.  Some FRM files have a complementary FRX files that is the
"binary
> stash."  Unfortunately, it's not as accessible.  If your form is indeed
> corrupted, you may lose the information in the FRX file.  This includes
the
> form icon, any pictures, and properties for some controls.

> If you open up the VBP, you'll see that it's an INI-style listing of
forms,
> modules and various project properties.  You can manually edit a copy of
> this file to remove the offending form.  I would recommend this as a
> diagnostic, because it will allow you to isolate the problem.

> Another place to look is the LOG file generated with the same name as the
> form.  It can offer clues as to why the form is not loading.

> > sorry guys &gals, I am newbie to newsgroups and really need advice on
this

> > fairly short program (1.3Mb inc data files and resources) worked fine
last
> > night but this a.m. simply will not load.  After shuffling files around
> > (thinking path/ file name may be causing error) and reinstalling /
> updating
> > vb the error still locks me out of project.  incidentally the form file
on
> > floppy will not copy the form across to c:\ at all.  from what i can
> gather
> > the error fires when the main form is loaded (every other component
> > including the latest .bas module I added work fine) ide just will not
load
> > the project without the form.  Any suggestions/workarounds or ways that
> > can get my *%$ code out of the faulty form file?

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:00:29 GMT
 ide crash/form not found

were released on Thu, 4 Apr 2002 10:19:28 +0930 bearing the
following fruit:

Quote:
>sorry guys &gals, I am newbie to newsgroups and really need advice on this

>fairly short program (1.3Mb inc data files and resources) worked fine last
>night but this a.m. simply will not load.  After shuffling files around
>(thinking path/ file name may be causing error) and reinstalling / updating
>vb the error still locks me out of project.  incidentally the form file on
>floppy will not copy the form across to c:\ at all.  from what i can gather
>the error fires when the main form is loaded (every other component
>including the latest .bas module I added work fine) ide just will not load
>the project without the form.  Any suggestions/workarounds or ways that I
>can get my *%$ code out of the faulty form file?

And the error is?

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:29:52 GMT
 ide crash/form not found

Quote:
> I gave the notepad open and edit a go but no luck.  the other thing of
> intrest is that the file cannot be "copy" copied in DOS error msg reads
> 'error performing inpage operation' so any thoughts on the possibility of
> the windows file 'handle' being damaged or another solution??

It sounds like the file is damaged.  You said it was on a floppy?  They're
notoriously flakey.  If that is the case, then the next step would be a disk
recovery tool like Norton's...

Tue, 21 Sep 2004 01:49:49 GMT

1. Found a NASTY IDE crashing bug.

2. GPF in Krnl386.exe crashes VB5 IDE on unload of MDI child form

3. IDE crashes when viewing form in design mode

4. VB6 SP5 IDE Crashing when opening form (IPF)

5. Can not use find in VB IDE ?

6. UserControl not selectable on Form in the IDE

7. Install VB6 in Vista Mouse pointer in IDE form not an arrow

8. Crash when using Userproperties.find in a form.

9. Help - How to make docking forms/toolbars like in VB5 IDE/DS IDE

10. HTML Help with P&D: Htmhelp not found, MyProject.chi not found

11. IDE Crashes wth page fault in jscript.dll

12. IDE crashes when I open this project