Binary compatibility, Public Class, Name conflicts with existing module, project, or object library
Author Message
 Binary compatibility, Public Class, Name conflicts with existing module, project, or object library

I am using VB5 with SP3 installed and have recently had problems when
adding a new public property procedure to a DLL.  When the new
procedures are added, and binary compatibility is set to the previous
DLL, an error is raised that says:

        Name conflicts with existing module, project, of object binary

And, of course, the thing won't compile.  I have many data class DLLs
that are built this way and have not had any problems adding new Public
Property procedures before.  I hope this isn't a Service Pack 3 issue,
but it kind of looks lke one.  I get no error if I redefine the property
procedure as Private or Friend and then recompile.

-Tim Cornwell

Wed, 12 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Binary compatibility, name conflicts with existing module...

2. Binary compatibility, Public Class, Name conflicts with existing module,...

3. Name conflicts with existing module, project or object library

4. Help: Name conflicts with existing module, project or object library

5. Name Conflicts with existing module, project or object library

6. Name conflicts with existing module, project or object library

7. binary compatibility - class module found

8. binary compatibility - class module found

9. Using a UDT in a Class method, how to make a class module public

10. Public WithEvents X as OCX - breaks Binary Compatibility

11. Public WithEvents X as OCX - breaks Binary Compatibility

12. public VB.Label breaks binary compatibility?