'comctl32.ocx' could not be loaded
Author Message
 'comctl32.ocx' could not be loaded

How do I fix the following problem.  I get this message when trying to
load an existing 5.0 vb project.  It does load ok on a different
machine.  I've reinstalled vb a couple of times.

'comctl32.ocx' could not be loaded

Thanks for your time.
CG
--
To email me please remove the NOSPAM. from my address;}

Sun, 09 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 'comctl32.ocx' could not be loaded

I'm not too sure if my situation is same as yours, but it sounds very
similar.

Anyway, here's my situation: after installed SP3, my comctl32.ocx no longer
register itself.  The solution I came up with is to re-register it via VB5's
Projects/Components/Browse, and manually load the ocx, and select the one
for SP2.

I hope this help...

Sun, 09 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 'comctl32.ocx' could not be loaded

Gip,

    Did you load comctl32.ocx manually on this machine? This control is
not loaded automatically when VB5 is installed. It's on the CD in a
tools directory I think. I had that problem when trying to convert from
vb4 to vb5. Hope this helps...

Douglas

Quote:

> How do I fix the following problem.  I get this message when trying to

> load an existing 5.0 vb project.  It does load ok on a different
> machine.  I've reinstalled vb a couple of times.

> 'comctl32.ocx' could not be loaded

> Thanks for your time.
> CG
> --
> To email me please remove the NOSPAM. from my address;}

Tue, 11 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 'comctl32.ocx' could not be loaded

Try the following...

Remove the comctl32.OCA from the windows system directory
Remove the reference to the comctl32.ocx in you vbp (with a text editor)
Then make sure you have the proper comctl32.ocx in your system, re-register
it
Open you vbp again and add the reference to comctrl again to you vbp...

(To be on the safe side...copy the code you have in your .frm before doing
that in case the related code to the control gets erase or something...)

We are never too parano? in the Microsoft World!!!

JF

Quote:
> How do I fix the following problem.  I get this message when trying to
> load an existing 5.0 vb project.  It does load ok on a different
> machine.  I've reinstalled vb a couple of times.

> 'comctl32.ocx' could not be loaded

> Thanks for your time.
> CG
> --
> To email me please remove the NOSPAM. from my address;}

Mon, 17 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. can't load comctl32.ocx?

2. comctl32.ocx version 5.01.4319 - won't load

3. can't load comctl32.ocx file on some systems

4. can't load comctl32.ocx

5. Can't load COMCTL32.OCX

6. COMCTL32.OCX Won't Load

7. COMCTL32.OCX won't load

8. My projects containg toolbars don't appear Can't find COMCTL32.ocx

9. 'c:\WINNT\system32\Comctl32.ocx' could not be loaded

10. Transferring a VB5 project to another PC : COMCTL32.OCX could not be loaded

11. comctl32.ocx not loading

12. COMCTL32.OCX could not be loaded