Re VB 6 Bug
Author Message
 Re VB 6 Bug

I have exactly the same problem.

VB6 is extremely unstable and there are loads of memory leaks all over the place. I get
the same error as yourself when I use one of my more complex object - simple objects seem
to be fine. It's probably down to the objects not being destroyed properly .. but that's
just a guess.

Quote:

> I continue to get exceptions in the VB6.exe during the creation of objects
> the second time I run my project in the ide.  I have attached a Dr watson
> dump which seems to point to the EbLoadRunTime function in VB6.exe.  Is any
> one else getting this error or is this an acknowledged bug in VB6.  The same
> code worked fine under VB5.  Any help would appreciated.

> Thanks

> Bruce Van Buren
> Aaron Rents

>                       Name: drwtsn32.log
>    drwtsn32.log       Type: Text Document (application/x-unknown-content-type-txtfile)
>                   Encoding: x-uuencode

Tue, 06 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Re VB 6 Bug
I have exactly the same problem.

VB6 is extremely unstable and there are loads of memory leaks all over the place. I get
the same error as yourself when I use one of my more complex object - simple objects seem
to be fine. It's probably down to the objects not being destroyed properly .. but that's
just a guess.

Quote:

> I continue to get exceptions in the VB6.exe during the creation of objects
> the second time I run my project in the ide.  I have attached a Dr watson
> dump which seems to point to the EbLoadRunTime function in VB6.exe.  Is any
> one else getting this error or is this an acknowledged bug in VB6.  The same
> code worked fine under VB5.  Any help would appreciated.

> Thanks

> Bruce Van Buren
> Aaron Rents

>                       Name: drwtsn32.log
>    drwtsn32.log       Type: Text Document (application/x-unknown-content-type-txtfile)
>                   Encoding: x-uuencode

Tue, 06 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Project98 OLE & VB: bugs, bugs, bugs

2. My Bug or VB.Net Bug ???

3. Yet another VB.NET bug

4. VB.Net BUG: compiler stalls with no or slow network access

5. VB: IsDate Bugs or Error

6. VB .Net Bug & workaround

7. VB.NET Bugs

8. Anchor property - VB.NET Bug?