Extremely slow on Win 2000 - db access
Author Message
 Extremely slow on Win 2000 - db access

Hi all,
've encountred extreme overall performance drop of my db app on some W2000 and W
Millenim systems compared to the performance on all tested W98 systems. MDAC 2.6
and latest Jet 4.0 SP3 are installed on all the compugters. I am accessing MS
Access 2000 db from VB 6.0 SP5. Executing queries and even accessing the
recordset in the memory (scrolling in the bound table or sorting) seems to be
about hundred times slower.
I tried to manually compare the installed files - the only difference I found are
a) a newer version of asyfilt.dll(ole 2.40) on W2000 system and b) mxtdm.dll
(Microsoft Transaction Server) is not present, although there is another dll
apparently substituting it.

All help will be very much appriciated as the app is primarily aimed at PCs with
w2000 OS

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 04:20:29 GMT

1. Convert Access 97 db to Access 2000 db in VB6

2. Extremely Large bloat in Access 2000 and ADO

3. Extremely Slow Recordset access with ODBCDirect

4. VB INI files are slow on Win 2000

5. MS Jet 4.0 OLE DB & Win 2000

6. Application written for Access 2000 with DAO won't run in Access 2002

7. Program from access 97 won't work in access 2000

8. Accessing encrypted data in Access 2000 DB via VB

9. Please post a sample for accessing MS Access 2000 db

10. display chinese using DAO 3.6/VB6 in accessing Access 2000 DB.

11. Can't access db in Access 2000 using ADO

12. Should I convert db from Access 97 to Access 2000