Label Caption won't Right Align Properly
Author Message
 Label Caption won't Right Align Properly

Using VB5.0 Pro.  I have several labels with multiple line captions.
I've aligned them to right justify and set the wordwrap and autosize to
true.

All works fine UNLESS there happens to be a space (i.e., the break falls
between two words) at the end of any line.  The space stays put at the
end of the line, giving the right margin a slightly ragged look.

I've tried playing with different fonts, and doing a mix/match of the
wordwrap and autosize attributes.  Nothing seems to change the results.

Is this a known bug or am I missing something simple?

Thanks,
Carol

Wed, 12 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Label Caption won't Right Align Properly

Well, I just tried this and what I see is that the text wraps _only_ at
spaces, so (unless I have a word too long for the width of the label),
_all_ the lines but the last end in a space, and I can make them all line
up fine just by adding a space at the end of the whole caption (also just
before any CrLf in the caption).

Does that help?

Jim Deutch
MS Dev MVP

Quote:
> Using VB5.0 Pro.  I have several labels with multiple line captions.
> I've aligned them to right justify and set the wordwrap and autosize to
> true.

> All works fine UNLESS there happens to be a space (i.e., the break falls
> between two words) at the end of any line.  The space stays put at the
> end of the line, giving the right margin a slightly ragged look.

> I've tried playing with different fonts, and doing a mix/match of the
> wordwrap and autosize attributes.  Nothing seems to change the results.

> Is this a known bug or am I missing something simple?

> Thanks,
> Carol

Sat, 15 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Right aligned text boxes don't right align

2. Right-aligned ListView subitems not drawing properly

3. Labels won't display right with progres bar

4. ?? Is it Possible to Verticle Align Label.Caption ??

5. Center or right-align a userform caption?

6. Problem with right align of labels on WinForm :(

7. Right aligning Labels

8. pixels trimmed in label if bold and right aligned

9. PRB: Win 95 and right-aligning text boxes w/ vb3

10. Putting the Win Username and Company in a label caption

11. VB/Win Label won't go on SSPanel

12. left align and/or right align the masked edit control under VB 5.0 SP(3)