Has anyone got any idea on how to go about changing 16bit project to a 32 bit version of the same?
Author Message
 Has anyone got any idea on how to go about changing 16bit project to a 32 bit version of the same?

I have a 16 bit project which I need to convert to 32 bit for windows 95. I
have used a number of external controls like Sheridan - Spread VBX etc. I
need to know how do I convert it to a 32 bit version?
Which controls will I need to buy?
Thanks.

Fri, 09 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Has anyone got any idea on how to go about changing 16bit project to a 32 bit version of the same?
    You'll need 32-bit versions of all VBX controls used in your project.
If you compile the code under VB5+, you'll need OCXs instead of VBXs.  You
should be okay in VB4 with a 32-bit VBX.  You'll also need to compile it on
a 32-bit system (95, 98, NT).
Quote:

>I have a 16 bit project which I need to convert to 32 bit for windows 95. I
>have used a number of external controls like Sheridan - Spread VBX etc. I
>need to know how do I convert it to a 32 bit version?
>Which controls will I need to buy?
>Thanks.

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Has anyone got any idea on how to go about changing 16bit project to a 32 bit version of the same?

Quote:

>    You'll need 32-bit versions of all VBX controls used in your project.
>If you compile the code under VB5+, you'll need OCXs instead of VBXs.  You
>should be okay in VB4 with a 32-bit VBX.

What is a 32bit VBX???

Ray Mercer

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Has anyone got any idea on how to go about changing 16bit project to a 32 bit version of the same?
Hmmm... Well, as you know the .vbx files cannot be used in 32 bit environments.
Your best bet is checking out Mabry software (www.mabry.com) and check out
their internet programming package. VB 5.0 also comes with free internet tools
:)

I believe the Mabry controls are free or at least have demos :)

Georgia Wall
http://www.vbhelp.net/

Quote:

> I have a 16 bit project which I need to convert to 32 bit for windows 95. I
> have used a number of external controls like Sheridan - Spread VBX etc. I
> need to know how do I convert it to a 32 bit version?
> Which controls will I need to buy?
> Thanks.

Fri, 30 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Has anyone got any idea on how to go about changing 16bit project to a 32 bit version of the same?

2. Has anyone got any idea on how to go about changing 16bit project to a 32 bit version of the same?

3. Has anyone got any idea on how to go about changing 16bit project to a 32 bit version of the same?

4. Upgrading Project from 16 Bit to 32 Bit

5. Porting Visual C++ project: 16-bit to 32-bit

6. VB4-16bit or VB4-32 bit Floating Thin Toolbar

7. Having trouble with installing DAO 32 Bit

8. Database 16bit and 32 bit in same App

9. HELP ! Calling 32 bit apps from VB4-16bit

10. How to check color-depth (256,16bit,32 bit)?=

11. Calling 16Bit Dll from 32 Bit VB 4.0

12. .vbp...16Bit then/and 32 Bit