st5unst.exe
Author Message
 st5unst.exe

Has anyone out there run into a problem when installing a vb5
application I get the following error:

C:\windows\st5unst.exe
Could not read source file
file could not be installed

What is with this?  There has been other posts about this but there were
no answers on how to resolve the issue and there isn't anything on M.S.
Knowledge Base about it.  Anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 st5unst.exe
I have the same problem.  If you find an answer please forward it to

re:  the following error:

Quote:

>C:\windows\st5unst.exe
>Could not read source file
>file could not be installed

Thu, 29 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 st5unst.exe
I have seen the same problem under the following conditions:
- Distribution files are on a network drive.
- User is running Win95
- User has read-only access to distribution files

I don't know what is wrong but I have been able to get around the problem by
copying all of the distribution files (using Windows Explorer, the DOS
command prompt, etc) from the network drive to a temporary drive on the
user's local hard disk and then running SETUP from there.

Quote:

>Has anyone out there run into a problem when installing a vb5
>application I get the following error:

>C:\windows\st5unst.exe
>Could not read source file
>file could not be installed

>What is with this?  There has been other posts about this but there were
>no answers on how to resolve the issue and there isn't anything on M.S.
>Knowledge Base about it.  Anyone have a solution?

>Thanks in advance!

Fri, 13 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. I get an error msg that 'St5Unst.exe is missing and is required for installation

2. Command line Parameters to ST5UNST.EXE

3. Command Line Parameters to St5unst.EXE

4. Command line Parameters to ST5UNST.EXE

5. Command Line Parameters to St5unst.EXE

6. St5unst.log registry entries

7. st5unst question

8. How to interpret vb uninstall log (st5unst.log)?

9. st5unst question

10. Specify DLL version when using mc.exe, rc.exe and/or link.exe

11. WANTED: SDK3.1 LIBW.LIB, LIB.EXE, LINK.EXE, RC.EXE

12. Computer Name, Exe Name, and Exe Path