"can't find project or library" Very wired. not what you might think.
Author Message
 "can't find project or library" Very wired. not what you might think.

Hi all.

I know the classic solution for this, open the refs and update the
"MISSING" ones.
My problem is a little different.

I'm working using a group of about 13 vb projects ,all of them ActiveX
dll's - dna development. no exe project.

I cant tell you what causes it or when does it occur but it begins the
same as the classic one i described above. the difference is that
after i change the refferences everything works.
"What's the problem then?" you may ask and here comes the wired part.
It happens every now and then and after i make the neccsary changes to
my references that makes things work, nothing in the vbp file is
changed (i check both maually and with windiff).
I even tried to open the corropted file and close it without changing
its content (if you might think the date of modification has something
to do with it) but it did help.

I NEED HELP.

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 21:22:05 GMT
 "can't find project or library" Very wired. not what you might think.
References can also be found in class and form (.cls .frm) files!

Jim Deutch
MS Dev MVP

Quote:
> Hi all.

> I know the classic solution for this, open the refs and update the
> "MISSING" ones.
> My problem is a little different.

> I'm working using a group of about 13 vb projects ,all of them ActiveX
> dll's - dna development. no exe project.

> I cant tell you what causes it or when does it occur but it begins the
> same as the classic one i described above. the difference is that
> after i change the refferences everything works.
> "What's the problem then?" you may ask and here comes the wired part.
> It happens every now and then and after i make the neccsary changes to
> my references that makes things work, nothing in the vbp file is
> changed (i check both maually and with windiff).
> I even tried to open the corropted file and close it without changing
> its content (if you might think the date of modification has something
> to do with it) but it did help.

> I NEED HELP.

Wed, 08 Sep 2004 01:13:47 GMT
 "can't find project or library" Very wired. not what you might think.
I had this problem with basic VB components... the problem
went away after I installed MDAC 2.7 (or is it MDAC 7??)
anyways... the latest version

HTH

Quote:

Wed, 08 Sep 2004 05:39:56 GMT
 "can't find project or library" Very wired. not what you might think.
Are you sure?
How can i access those references (the ones in a class/form)?
What is the meaning of them?

Thanks in advance.
Yuval dimnik

Quote:

> References can also be found in class and form (.cls .frm) files!

> Jim Deutch
> MS Dev MVP

> > Hi all.

> > I know the classic solution for this, open the refs and update the
> > "MISSING" ones.
> > My problem is a little different.

> > I'm working using a group of about 13 vb projects ,all of them ActiveX
> > dll's - dna development. no exe project.

> > I cant tell you what causes it or when does it occur but it begins the
> > same as the classic one i described above. the difference is that
> > after i change the refferences everything works.
> > "What's the problem then?" you may ask and here comes the wired part.
> > It happens every now and then and after i make the neccsary changes to
> > my references that makes things work, nothing in the vbp file is
> > changed (i check both maually and with windiff).
> > I even tried to open the corropted file and close it without changing
> > its content (if you might think the date of modification has something
> > to do with it) but it did help.

> > I NEED HELP.

Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:13:32 GMT
 "can't find project or library" Very wired. not what you might think.
Open the .cls or .frm file in Notepad and you'll see object references just
like the ones in the .vbp file.  You can remove them (they'll reappear
later, but hopefully be correct this time).  AFAIK they're there to make the
class/form "portable" -- i.e. if you bring it into a different VB project,
it will bring its needed references with it.

Jim Deutch
MS Dev MVP

Quote:
> Are you sure?
> How can i access those references (the ones in a class/form)?
> What is the meaning of them?

> Thanks in advance.
> Yuval dimnik

Quote:
> > References can also be found in class and form (.cls .frm) files!

> > Jim Deutch
> > MS Dev MVP

> > > Hi all.

> > > I know the classic solution for this, open the refs and update the
> > > "MISSING" ones.
> > > My problem is a little different.

> > > I'm working using a group of about 13 vb projects ,all of them ActiveX
> > > dll's - dna development. no exe project.

> > > I cant tell you what causes it or when does it occur but it begins the
> > > same as the classic one i described above. the difference is that
> > > after i change the refferences everything works.
> > > "What's the problem then?" you may ask and here comes the wired part.
> > > It happens every now and then and after i make the neccsary changes to
> > > my references that makes things work, nothing in the vbp file is
> > > changed (i check both maually and with windiff).
> > > I even tried to open the corropted file and close it without changing
> > > its content (if you might think the date of modification has something
> > > to do with it) but it did help.

> > > I NEED HELP.

Sat, 11 Sep 2004 03:42:02 GMT

1. "Can't find project or library", no matter how I reinstall Access

2. Can't Find Project or Library"

3. "Could not find data access library"

4. "Project Not Found" Error

5. Access '95: "Path Not Found"

6. TreeView's StartLabelEdit "not found"?

7. Who is using "What's thi

8. VB6 Format function "Cant Find Library"

9. "Object library feature not supported"???

10. Regular Expression - "Library not registered Error"

11. WMI "Library not resistered" error

12. "Object library not registered"