MSWINSCK.OCX ...not correctly registered (WIN2000)
Author Message
 MSWINSCK.OCX ...not correctly registered (WIN2000)

Hi All,

I wrote an appli with VB6 (Visual studio entreprise SP5) on Win 98,
I use a Winsock control.
The installable package is generated with Visual Studio Installer,
When I install my package on Win 98, everything is OK.

When I install it on Win 2000 (being a local or or a domain Administrator)
If I login as Administrator no problem,

If I login as domain user on a Win 2000 PC I get :
    MSWINSCK.OCX or one of its dependancies is not correctly
    registered: a file is missing or invalid

If the package is reinstalled by the same user, it runs OK, but only for
itself.

That means I should install the package for each of my potential users on
each Win 2000 PC !

What I already did :
    - I installed he last version for VBRun60.exe
    - I tried to register by hand the ocx with:
        regsvr32 \WINNT\system32\MSWINSCK.OCX
    - I updated my visual studio package with VSSP5

Thanks for your help

Jean-Luc

Tue, 21 Sep 2004 00:59:40 GMT

1. runtime error 339 - ocx not correctly registered

2. Component 'RICHT32.OCX' not correctly registered

3. Comdlg332.OCX not registered correctly

4. Creating ADO recordset w/o database .Append not working correctly IIS5 win2000 Prof not .Net

5. Report Designer not registering under Win2000

6. using mswinsck.ocx works on some PCs and on some not

7. mswinsck.ocx works on some PCs and on some not

8. MSwinsck.ocx does not function correct...

9. MSWINSCK.OCX Not available in design mode......

10. MSWINSCK.OCX Not Licensed????

11. Component not correctly registered

12. crystal reports not correctly registered?!?!