Clicking outside combobox trigger click event of the combo box
Author Message
 Clicking outside combobox trigger click event of the combo box
The following problem does NOT happen in Windows 2000 or Windows Me, only in
the previous Windows (95 and 98).  I have a combo box of Style 0 - Dropdown
Combo. Drop down the combo box and hover on the selections, but do NOT
select any of the selections. Click outside the combo box, in Windows95 and
Windows98 the click event of the combo box is called (incorrect), in Windows
2000 the click event is NOT called (correct). Because the click event is
called, I have the following problem: I enter something on the combo box
(for example, "ABC"), then I drop down the combo box and hover on the
selections, but do NOT select any of the selections. Then I click outside
the combo box, the text ("ABC") that I typed in on the combo box is blanked
out. How can I fix this problem? Thank you very much?

Private Sub Form_Load()
   cboDropDownCombo.AddItem "one"
   cboDropDownCombo.AddItem "two"
   cboDropDownCombo.AddItem "three"
end sub

Private Sub cboDropDownCombo_Click()
   MsgBox "DropDownCombo Click event is called" & " text = " &
cboDropDownCombo.Text & " list = " &
cboDropDownCombo.List(cboDropDownCombo.ListIndex)
End Sub

Mon, 02 Feb 2004 04:33:34 GMT
 Clicking outside combobox trigger click event of the combo box
I can't check this behaviour out since all my machines are running 2000 pro.
But are you sure all your Windows installations are using the latest service
packs?  I seem to recall a problem with the VB combo using VB SP4 on 2000
which was fixed with VB SP5, but I can't remember if it's the same effect as
your describing.

Dave

Quote:
> The following problem does NOT happen in Windows 2000 or Windows Me, only
in
> the previous Windows (95 and 98).  I have a combo box of Style 0 -
Dropdown
> Combo. Drop down the combo box and hover on the selections, but do NOT
> select any of the selections. Click outside the combo box, in Windows95
and
> Windows98 the click event of the combo box is called (incorrect), in
Windows
> 2000 the click event is NOT called (correct). Because the click event is
> called, I have the following problem: I enter something on the combo box
> (for example, "ABC"), then I drop down the combo box and hover on the
> selections, but do NOT select any of the selections. Then I click outside
> the combo box, the text ("ABC") that I typed in on the combo box is
blanked
> out. How can I fix this problem? Thank you very much?

> Private Sub Form_Load()
>    cboDropDownCombo.AddItem "one"
>    cboDropDownCombo.AddItem "two"
>    cboDropDownCombo.AddItem "three"
> end sub

> Private Sub cboDropDownCombo_Click()
>    MsgBox "DropDownCombo Click event is called" & " text = " &
> cboDropDownCombo.Text & " list = " &
> cboDropDownCombo.List(cboDropDownCombo.ListIndex)
> End Sub

Mon, 02 Feb 2004 17:48:18 GMT
 Clicking outside combobox trigger click event of the combo box
Thank you for your reply. Did you mean service pack for Windows or service
pack for VB?
I am using Windows98 Second Edition and our program is compiled using VB 6
SP3.

FieFie

Quote:
> I can't check this behaviour out since all my machines are running 2000
pro.
> But are you sure all your Windows installations are using the latest
service
> packs?  I seem to recall a problem with the VB combo using VB SP4 on 2000
> which was fixed with VB SP5, but I can't remember if it's the same effect
as
> your describing.

> Dave

> > The following problem does NOT happen in Windows 2000 or Windows Me,
only
> in
> > the previous Windows (95 and 98).  I have a combo box of Style 0 -
> Dropdown
> > Combo. Drop down the combo box and hover on the selections, but do NOT
> > select any of the selections. Click outside the combo box, in Windows95
> and
> > Windows98 the click event of the combo box is called (incorrect), in
> Windows
> > 2000 the click event is NOT called (correct). Because the click event is
> > called, I have the following problem: I enter something on the combo box
> > (for example, "ABC"), then I drop down the combo box and hover on the
> > selections, but do NOT select any of the selections. Then I click
outside
> > the combo box, the text ("ABC") that I typed in on the combo box is
> blanked
> > out. How can I fix this problem? Thank you very much?

> > Private Sub Form_Load()
> >    cboDropDownCombo.AddItem "one"
> >    cboDropDownCombo.AddItem "two"
> >    cboDropDownCombo.AddItem "three"
> > end sub

> > Private Sub cboDropDownCombo_Click()
> >    MsgBox "DropDownCombo Click event is called" & " text = " &
> > cboDropDownCombo.Text & " list = " &
> > cboDropDownCombo.List(cboDropDownCombo.ListIndex)
> > End Sub

Mon, 02 Feb 2004 22:13:55 GMT

1. Clicking outside combobox trigger the combobox click event

2. Setting Combo box ListIndex initiates Combo box Click event

3. How can I prevent the automatic triggering of the click event from a check box

4. Click event for Check box uncorrectly triggered

5. Click event for check box uncorrectly triggered

6. Combo Box Click Event...

7. combo box Click event not firing

8. Strange behavour in combo box - unexpected click event

9. Strange behavour in combo box - unwanted click events

10. Unload Statement in Combo Box Click Event

11. Combo box - click event and Delet

12. VB Bug in click event of combo box??