Hot Key issue
Author Message
 Hot Key issue

vb selectively underlines hot keys in my app.  eg. i have a menu item with a
caption of "&Clone", but the "C" does not underline.  any thoughts?

Sat, 22 Nov 2003 23:14:59 GMT
 Hot Key issue
Hi Paul:

Quote:
> vb selectively underlines hot keys in my app.  eg. i have a menu item with a
> caption of "&Clone", but the "C" does not underline.  any thoughts?

If you are using Win2000, the default is to turn off this feature.
I haven't bothered turning it back on, so I don't where it is to do that, but
if you want this feature you will have to turn it back on.
I suspect it can be done via the Control Panel somewhere.

Hope this helps,

Doug.

Sun, 23 Nov 2003 02:54:55 GMT
 Hot Key issue
This is a display option for Win2000, and perhaps other new
OS's.

or

Check the caption carefully for blanks or double ampersands.

Quote:
> vb selectively underlines hot keys in my app.  eg. i have a
menu item with a
> caption of "&Clone", but the "C" does not underline.  any
thoughts?

Sun, 23 Nov 2003 03:00:43 GMT
 Hot Key issue
What version of windows are you using?  I noticed the same thing after
upgrading to Win2000.

Jody

Quote:
> vb selectively underlines hot keys in my app.  eg. i have a menu item with
> caption of "&Clone", but the "C" does not underline.  any thoughts?

Sun, 23 Nov 2003 03:29:31 GMT

1. Assigning arrow keys as hot keys

2. Sending key command to a global hot key

3. Standard for function-keys and hot-keys?

4. Calling a VBA project (macro) using a hot key

5. Hot key to go to highlighted function

6. Are hot keys changeable during runtime?

7. Hot-Key to Comment out Code

8. Macro Hot Key

9. Hot Keys in Outlook

10. Hot Keys