Modal Form Acts Different in XP
Author Message
 Modal Form Acts Different in XP

Running VB6 SP5 under Win95/98/ME/NT4 when a modal form
has focus and you attempt to click on another form in the
same project, the program issues the DEFAULT SOUND and
the modal form maintains focus.  Running the same program
under WinXPHome, when a modal form has focus and you
attempt to click on another form in the same project, the
program does not issue any sound and the modal form
looses and gains focus twice.  In the Sounds Control
Pannel under WinXPHome there is no listing for DEFAULT
SOUND.  Why did it change?  Is this a bug in WinXP or VB6?

Fri, 10 Sep 2004 07:21:28 GMT
 Modal Form Acts Different in XP

Quote:
> Running VB6 SP5 under Win95/98/ME/NT4 when a modal form
> has focus and you attempt to click on another form in the
> same project, the program issues the DEFAULT SOUND and
> the modal form maintains focus.  Running the same program
> under WinXPHome, when a modal form has focus and you
> attempt to click on another form in the same project, the
> program does not issue any sound and the modal form
> looses and gains focus twice.  In the Sounds Control
> Pannel under WinXPHome there is no listing for DEFAULT
> SOUND.  Why did it change?  Is this a bug in WinXP or VB6?

I can't explain the lack of the sound (perhaps it's named something
different under XP), but as far as the form flashing, this is normal.  Win2K
is the same way.  It's just an indicator.  The number of times it flashes is
user-configurable with Tweak UI.

It's not uncommon for MS to change little things like this.  It's just like
the way MS changed the default for an underscore appearing in menus.

Mike

Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:10:24 GMT

1. Modal form not acting modal

2. Modal form not acting modal

3. modal form in Active-X-Exe acts funny

4. modal form in Active-X-Exe acts funny

5. Problem with draw order after calling modal a modal from from a modal form

6. MODAL FORM & NON MODAL FORM

7. Unloading modal owner form also unloads modal form?

8. Modal Form with Modal form using Control?

9. MODAL FORM & NON MODAL FORM

10. Modal Form can't open another Modal Form

11. MODAL FORM & NON MODAL FORM

12. non-modal form when a modal form is displayed