VB ActiveX DLL + Access 97 = MAJOR BUG
Author Message
 VB ActiveX DLL + Access 97 = MAJOR BUG

I have written myself a VB5 ActiveX DLL (to implement resource files in
Access for localisation purposes).

When I reference to this DLL in Access 97, all the date functions produce
strange errors:

- When I try to set a default value to =date() I get an error that I can't
do that.
- When I try to set a default value to date() I don't get an error but when
I open the form the data field displays #Name? until I enter some data in
the record.
- Though it would look strange, I could live with the last option, were it
not that unbound forms no longer work at all with the date function.
- When I enter ?date() in the debug window, I get a correct response.

I have checked the references in both VB and Access and they are all correct
(and minimal).
The only thing that I noticed was that VBA is referenced in both (and can
not be unchecked) and reference to another DLL.
Could it be that there is a conflict?

Does anyone now a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Chris Kiekens

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Possible Major Access 97 bug

2. Error referencing VB 6.0 ActiveX DLL from Word 97

3. access 2.0 to access 97 date conversion bug

4. Referencing VB DLLs in Access 97...

5. Major Bug in VB.NET (or i've gone mad)

6. Another Major VB 4 Bug - Please Confirm

7. DLL usage - works in Access 97 but not in Access 2000

8. MID string function is bugging in Access 97

9. Access 97 Bug?

10. BUG!!! in Access 97

11. Windows NT bug with Access 97

12. Y2K bug in Access 97, part II