Getting the ip address
Author Message
 Getting the ip address

Hi everybody.

If I have a computer connected to internet via a dial up connection,
Somebody knows how to get that computer ip address from within my vb app?
Note the vb app is running on the same computer I have connected to internet
via dial up.

I will greatly appreciate any code example, link to related info, etc.

Sun, 08 Jun 2003 03:57:05 GMT
 Getting the ip address
Sure, you have to use the winsock control (at least the easy method)

It's stored in the LocalIP Property, so do something like

Dim myIP
myIP = winsock1.LocalIP

There ya go!
noah

Quote:
> Hi everybody.

> If I have a computer connected to internet via a dial up connection,
> Somebody knows how to get that computer ip address from within my vb app?
> Note the vb app is running on the same computer I have connected to
internet
> via dial up.

> I will greatly appreciate any code example, link to related info, etc.

Sun, 08 Jun 2003 10:07:28 GMT
 Getting the ip address
I really appreciate it, since I got other example but is one page length!
I was wondering if I had to do that all.
it is a lot easier.

Thanks Noah

Quote:
> Sure, you have to use the winsock control (at least the easy method)

> It's stored in the LocalIP Property, so do something like

> Dim myIP
> myIP = winsock1.LocalIP

> There ya go!
> noah

> > Hi everybody.

> > If I have a computer connected to internet via a dial up connection,
> > Somebody knows how to get that computer ip address from within my vb
app?
> > Note the vb app is running on the same computer I have connected to
> internet
> > via dial up.

> > I will greatly appreciate any code example, link to related info, etc.

Sun, 08 Jun 2003 11:12:53 GMT

1. Getting the ip address based on the MAC Address

2. Getting the IP Address

3. Getting Second IP Address...HELP!

4. getting an ip address

5. Getting my IP address

6. Getting the IP Address

7. Getting Local IP address running a VBS script locally

8. Getting Local IP Address of Machine

9. getting the ip address

10. Getting the IP addresses of remote machines

11. Getting the IP address from a DNS?

12. Getting TCP/IP address from computer name