Authentication using the Internet Transfer Control
Author Message
 Authentication using the Internet Transfer Control

How can I do authentication using the Internet Transfer Control?
When I submit the following command:

    Text1.Text = Inet1.OpenURL( http://www.*-*-*.com/ )

Text1 show the following because it requires a username/password.  I tried
setting a username and password in the control fields.

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;
charset=iso-8859-1"></head>

<h2>HTTP Error 401</h2>

configuration</strong></p>

match the credentials required to log on to the server. This is usually
caused by not sending the proper WWW-Authenticate header field.</p>

permission to access to requested resource.</p>

Thanks

Scott

Thu, 19 Sep 2002 04:00:00 GMT
 Authentication using the Internet Transfer Control
Load the URL, password and username properties in the internet transfer
control.  Then try it again.  It winds up sending something like

articles on how-to with the inet control.  In the end it sucks and you will
be much better off with the wwipstuff classes from www.west-wind.com .

Quote:
> How can I do authentication using the Internet Transfer Control?
> When I submit the following command:

>     Text1.Text = Inet1.OpenURL(http://www.company.com)

> Text1 show the following because it requires a username/password.  I tried
> setting a username and password in the control fields.

> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;
> charset=iso-8859-1"></head>

> <h2>HTTP Error 401</h2>

> configuration</strong></p>

> match the credentials required to log on to the server. This is usually
> caused by not sending the proper WWW-Authenticate header field.</p>

> permission to access to requested resource.</p>

> Thanks

> Scott

Thu, 19 Sep 2002 04:00:00 GMT
 Authentication using the Internet Transfer Control
My apologies to the groups I just spammed thinking I was replying to a
single news posting.  Of course I just spammed you again, but you get the
idea.  Scott, I think some regard that its bad form to post to a whole bunch
of news groups in a single post.

Quote:
> Load the URL, password and username properties in the internet transfer
> control.  Then try it again.  It winds up sending something like

> articles on how-to with the inet control.  In the end it sucks and you
will
> be much better off with the wwipstuff classes from www.west-wind.com .

> > How can I do authentication using the Internet Transfer Control?
> > When I submit the following command:

> >     Text1.Text = Inet1.OpenURL(http://www.company.com)

> > Text1 show the following because it requires a username/password.  I
tried
> > setting a username and password in the control fields.

> > <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;
> > charset=iso-8859-1"></head>

> > <h2>HTTP Error 401</h2>

> > configuration</strong></p>

> > match the credentials required to log on to the server. This is usually
> > caused by not sending the proper WWW-Authenticate header field.</p>

> > permission to access to requested resource.</p>

> > Thanks

> > Scott

Thu, 19 Sep 2002 04:00:00 GMT

1. Authentication using the Internet Transfer Control

2. Internet Transfer Control & proxy server authentication

3. Internet Transfer Control & Proxy Authentication

4. Internet Transfer Control and authentication

5. HOWTO: Securely transfer a file using the Internet Transfer Control

6. Disconnecting for Internet After Using Internet Transfer Control

7. Can't put files using Internet Transfer Control 6 SP4

8. Delay in unloading program when using Internet Transfer Control

9. VB 6:- Retrieve Dir contents using Internet Transfer Control and HTTP

10. Still can't connect to HTTPs using Internet Transfer Control

11. Problem using GetChunk to track progress of FTP GET w/Internet Transfer Control

12. Using Internet Transfer Control to Upload