Microsoft Transaction Server..?
Author Message
 Microsoft Transaction Server..?

Can anybody tell me where I can get Microsoft Transaction Server
software? I have looked on Microsoft's site, and while there seemed to
be many links to helpful information on using it, I could find no
mention of where I could buy it.

I am studying the book "Distributed Applications with Microsoft Visual
Basic 6.0 MCSD Training Kit" and am at the chapter where I am to install
MTS. It does mention that I "can install MTS on your computer by using
the Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack". However, I can't seem to find this
either.

I am probably overlooking something (my wife thinks I am blind as a
bat), and you may call me an ignoramus, but if you can tell me where to
obtain this software, I would be grateful. :-)

Skip

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 04:51:18 GMT
 Microsoft Transaction Server..?
Here is where the Option Pack is located on the Microsoft site for download.
http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/ntoptionpack/askwiz.asp

When you walk throught the wizard, there should be options for 95, 98, and
NT 4.0 Workstation.  Choose the right one you want and you are off and
running.  This WILL include the MTS components in it.

Good luck

John Hidey

Quote:
> Can anybody tell me where I can get Microsoft Transaction Server
> software? I have looked on Microsoft's site, and while there seemed to
> be many links to helpful information on using it, I could find no
> mention of where I could buy it.

> I am studying the book "Distributed Applications with Microsoft Visual
> Basic 6.0 MCSD Training Kit" and am at the chapter where I am to install
> MTS. It does mention that I "can install MTS on your computer by using
> the Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack". However, I can't seem to find this
> either.

> I am probably overlooking something (my wife thinks I am blind as a
> bat), and you may call me an ignoramus, but if you can tell me where to
> obtain this software, I would be grateful. :-)

> Skip

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 09:10:44 GMT
 Microsoft Transaction Server..?
if you use nt so can use the option pack to find it .
if you use the windows 2000 - the mts come as a component within the
system - control panel - components...exc
good luck
orit

Quote:
> Can anybody tell me where I can get Microsoft Transaction Server
> software? I have looked on Microsoft's site, and while there seemed to
> be many links to helpful information on using it, I could find no
> mention of where I could buy it.

> I am studying the book "Distributed Applications with Microsoft Visual
> Basic 6.0 MCSD Training Kit" and am at the chapter where I am to install
> MTS. It does mention that I "can install MTS on your computer by using
> the Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack". However, I can't seem to find this
> either.

> I am probably overlooking something (my wife thinks I am blind as a
> bat), and you may call me an ignoramus, but if you can tell me where to
> obtain this software, I would be grateful. :-)

> Skip

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 20:15:48 GMT

1. No Microsoft Transaction Server Type Library in Windows 2000 Advanced Server

2. MTS - Microsoft Transaction Server

3. MTS Microsoft Transaction Server

4. Microsoft transaction server

5. Microsoft Transaction Server (Help me please)

6. Win2k: Microsoft Transaction Server Type Library missing

7. VB5 and Microsoft Transaction Server Free Seminar (Tonight)

8. VB5, Microsoft Transaction Server Seminar

9. Microsoft Transaction Server

10. VB5 and Microsoft Transaction Server Free Seminar

11. VB5 and Microsoft Transaction Server Free Seminar (Tonight)

12. VB5 and Microsoft Transaction Server Seminar