VB6 Internal DLL Variable can not be set to external activex control in IE
Author Message
 VB6 Internal DLL Variable can not be set to external activex control in IE

I have a dll that has a bind method that takes an Object as a
parameter. The bind method binds the passed object to an interal
TreeView variable. This works great in VB, but does not work when the
dll is used in IE.

Here is what my code looks like:

In the dll:

 'Module Level variable:
 Private WithEvents oTreeView as As MSComctlLib.TreeView

 Public Sub Bind(NewControl As Object)
   If TypeName(NewControl) = "TreeView" Then
      Set oTreeView = NewControl
   End If
 End Sub

In the IE Web page:

 <OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:C74190B6-8589-11D1-B16A-00C0F0283628"
ID="TreeView1">
 'Note: Parameters omitted for space
 </OBJECT>

 <script language="VBScript">
 Dim mSession

 set mSession = CreateObject("TestProgram.Session")
 Call mSession.Bind(TreeView1)

 </script>

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Toby

Mon, 25 Jul 2005 16:26:02 GMT

1. Object variable or With block variable not set when calling COM Dll

2. BUG: VB6 Fails to debug VB-Made ActiveX control with external program on Windows2000\XP

3. ActiveX DLL not being unloaded by IE - High VM

4. IE Security setting to run ActiveX control

5. VB6 ActiveX-DLL within ASP: global variables

6. VB6 ActiveX-DLL within ASP: global variables

7. VB6 variables for ActiveX DLL

8. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

9. IE Application Error on Exit w/ VB6 ActiveX Control (OCX)

10. IE Application Error on Exit w/ VB6 ActiveX Control (OCX)

11. ActiveX control not rendered correctly in IE

12. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control