DHTML/SQL Server app works fine internally, not on web server 
Author Message
 DHTML/SQL Server app works fine internally, not on web server

Folks, I have a DHTML app that accesses a SQL Server database through a
System DSN.  It works fine on the internal network, but when I put it on the
webserver it doesn't connect to the data.  I have put the exact same System
DSN on the webserver that I have on my test machine.  What else should I
check?

Brian



Wed, 24 Dec 2003 04:31:25 GMT  
 DHTML/SQL Server app works fine internally, not on web server


Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT  
 DHTML/SQL Server app works fine internally, not on web server
I have changed to a DSN-less connection (using OLE for SQL Server as the
provider), and still have the same problem.  If I access the web page from
the machine I developed the DHTML app on, it works fine.  If I access it
from any other machine (including the server itself), the controls don't get
any data (nor do I get any error messages of any kind).  What am I missing??

Brian


Quote:
> Folks, I have a DHTML app that accesses a SQL Server database through a
> System DSN.  It works fine on the internal network, but when I put it on
the
> webserver it doesn't connect to the data.  I have put the exact same
System
> DSN on the webserver that I have on my test machine.  What else should I
> check?

> Brian



Wed, 24 Dec 2003 05:09:15 GMT  
 DHTML/SQL Server app works fine internally, not on web server
Brian

You may be having problems with the anonymous user access, which needs to be
configured into the database permissions - without any indication of the error
message you get, it's difficult to say.  The anonymous user is usually
iusr_<servername>.

Hercules Gunter

Quote:

> I have changed to a DSN-less connection (using OLE for SQL Server as the
> provider), and still have the same problem.  If I access the web page from
> the machine I developed the DHTML app on, it works fine.  If I access it
> from any other machine (including the server itself), the controls don't get
> any data (nor do I get any error messages of any kind).  What am I missing??

> Brian



> > Folks, I have a DHTML app that accesses a SQL Server database through a
> > System DSN.  It works fine on the internal network, but when I put it on
> the
> > webserver it doesn't connect to the data.  I have put the exact same
> System
> > DSN on the webserver that I have on my test machine.  What else should I
> > check?

> > Brian



Thu, 25 Dec 2003 11:46:10 GMT  
 DHTML/SQL Server app works fine internally, not on web server
Thanks, Hercules.  I'm not getting any error message at all -- just no data
in the controls.  I just double-checked and the IUSR_server account does
have permission to the database.  It should be a clue that my development
machine can get to the page just fine *when it accesses it through the
shared network connection that the server also uses* but like all other
machines, it doesn't get any data when I disconnect it from the network and
get the page through dial-up.

Brian Proffit


Quote:
> Brian

> You may be having problems with the anonymous user access, which needs to
be
> configured into the database permissions - without any indication of the
error
> message you get, it's difficult to say.  The anonymous user is usually
> iusr_<servername>.

> Hercules Gunter


> > I have changed to a DSN-less connection (using OLE for SQL Server as the
> > provider), and still have the same problem.  If I access the web page
from
> > the machine I developed the DHTML app on, it works fine.  If I access it
> > from any other machine (including the server itself), the controls don't
get
> > any data (nor do I get any error messages of any kind).  What am I
missing??

> > Brian



> > > Folks, I have a DHTML app that accesses a SQL Server database through
a
> > > System DSN.  It works fine on the internal network, but when I put it
on
> > the
> > > webserver it doesn't connect to the data.  I have put the exact same
> > System
> > > DSN on the webserver that I have on my test machine.  What else should
I
> > > check?

> > > Brian



Fri, 26 Dec 2003 04:52:42 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Crystal works fine with Access, SQL Server, but not Oracle

2. ASP works on Personal Web Server, but not on remote server

3. Can not find SQL Server (I'm not using SQL Server)

4. ActiveX Server Apps on a Web Server

5. Using SQL Server Application Roles in a VB.NET web app

6. JET works on web with NT server but not on development laptop

7. VB Desktop Application Accessing SQL Server on Web Server

8. VB Desktop Application Accessing SQL Server on Web Server

9. VB Desktop Application Accessing SQL Server on Web Server

10. menus in vbd does not work when run from web server

11. Running Crystal Report Web Component Server and SQL Server on different machines

12. Crystal Web Reports Server 7 string parameters arent being passed to SQL Server StoredProc

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software