Active X controls need internet ?
Author Message
 Active X controls need internet ?

I am developing Active X controls for my companies intranet.  I am
packaging into a .cab file and inserting the control into a .html
document.  The problem is that I can only get the the control to work
properly if the user has INTERNET access, which is not needed to view
the INTRAnet.  I am including all the files I need in the .cab, and
don't understand why it won't work if they are not INTERnet enabled.
Please help ! Thanks in advance !

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Active X controls need internet ?
It's a long shout
Try to update the url for the VB runtime cab files and locate a copy on your
intranet server

--
Best Regards
Eli Melamed

Quote:
> I am developing Active X controls for my companies intranet.  I am
> packaging into a .cab file and inserting the control into a .html
> document.  The problem is that I can only get the the control to work
> properly if the user has INTERNET access, which is not needed to view
> the INTRAnet.  I am including all the files I need in the .cab, and
> don't understand why it won't work if they are not INTERnet enabled.
> Please help ! Thanks in advance !

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Is there an Internet Phone Active X Control?

2. Active X internet controls

3. MS Active/X Internet Controls - Winsock Samples ?

4. Active X internet transfer control

5. Can Active X Document control Internet Explorer

6. Can Active-X controls connect to SQL Server over Internet

7. MS Active X control downloads OK but home grown Active X Control will not download

8. MS Active X control downloads OK but home grown Active X Control will not download

9. MS ActiveX Internet Controls - HTTP Control help needed

10. Need Help about OLE & Active X Control

11. Active Movie Control help needed

12. Help needed in detecting Active X Control.