Error 35756 - what does it mean?
Author Message
 Error 35756 - what does it mean?

I have a vb program which connects to a website and
obtains the "last-modified" date of a file.  The majority
of time I get the requested information but sometimes I
get ..  "Error 35756  unable to complete request".  This
program runs through approx 10000 files.  It doesn't
always happen to the same files, or to the same number of
files.  The last time it ran, the problem occurred at file
numbers 179 through to 236, 347 to 375, 8407 to 8413.

I am thinking the connection is somehow getting
interrupted but I can't find a better explanation of the
error code.  Does anyone out there know where I can find
info on this error?

Here's a section of my code:
    on error goto Error_GetDate

    Set Inet2 = frmProcessingFile.Inet1
    Inet2.URL = strWebSite & TheFile
    d = Inet2.OpenURL(, icByteArray)
    GetTifDate = Inet2.GetHeader("Last-modified")
    Exit Function
Error_GetDate:

   GetDate = "Error " & Err.Number & "  " & Err.Description
end function

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:40:09 GMT
 Error 35756 - what does it mean?
Do you have any idea on what line in your code the error is occurring? To do
this you can add line numbers to the beginning of each line of your code,
ie:

1: Set Inet2 = frmProcessFile.Inet1
2: Inet2.URL = strWebSite & TheFile
and then to retrieve the line number in your eror handler do the following:

Error_GetDate:
GetDate = "Error " & Err.Number & "  " & Err.Description & " occurred on
line " & erl

once you have figured out exactly what caused the error it might finding the
root cause of the error.

ciao

Quote:
> I have a vb program which connects to a website and
> obtains the "last-modified" date of a file.  The majority
> of time I get the requested information but sometimes I
> get ..  "Error 35756  unable to complete request".  This
> program runs through approx 10000 files.  It doesn't
> always happen to the same files, or to the same number of
> files.  The last time it ran, the problem occurred at file
> numbers 179 through to 236, 347 to 375, 8407 to 8413.

> I am thinking the connection is somehow getting
> interrupted but I can't find a better explanation of the
> error code.  Does anyone out there know where I can find
> info on this error?

> Here's a section of my code:
>     on error goto Error_GetDate

>     Set Inet2 = frmProcessingFile.Inet1
>     Inet2.URL = strWebSite & TheFile
>     d = Inet2.OpenURL(, icByteArray)
>     GetTifDate = Inet2.GetHeader("Last-modified")
>     Exit Function
> Error_GetDate:

>    GetDate = "Error " & Err.Number & "  " & Err.Description
> end function

Fri, 02 Jul 2004 22:06:59 GMT

1. Runtime error 35756 in an URL check program

2. internet transfer control runtime error '35756'

3. Internet Transfer Control V.5 Problem Error 35756

4. Not sure what this error means. (Error 3426)

5. What does this error mean?

6. Meaning of error messages

7. Error message - what does it mean (code included)

8. Error Message - what does it mean

9. What does this error mean?

10. Runtime Error 438 - What does this mean?

11. Meaning of error message

12. Strange error, what does this mean?