Stupid question on browser control
Author Message
 Stupid question on browser control

Perhaps this is a stupid question on the browser control, but when I
automate it with VB and have it scanning a site downloading multiple
pages, sometimes it will stop with a msgbox to the effect that "There
is an error on this page". Other times it will time out and stop. I
feel sure I could use the timer to make it carry on without me
needing to click buttons, but I can't figure out how - mental block?

Suggestions?

Neil

Sun, 08 May 2005 06:15:28 GMT
 Stupid question on browser control
why are you using the webbrowser control? surely you'd be better off
using a simple HTTP component such as XMLHTTP?

I got bored with my old signature,
so I changed it

Atrax. MVP, IIS
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

Sun, 08 May 2005 10:45:33 GMT
 Stupid question on browser control
For this application it suits me. I also have an iNet control which
downloads the html source, parses it, and writes it to a file to import
to a DB, but it would be nice to have the option to view the pages as
they load.

Neil

Sun, 08 May 2005 11:43:31 GMT
 Stupid question on browser control
Hi. I currently have a performance parts website selling car parts. I am
looking into getting credit card processing and would like a shopping cart
utility. I would like something that figures in the shipping by itself and
displays the cost to the seller. I want it to figure it by the weight of the
package and the zipcode to which it is being shipped. Anyone know of a good
shopping cart utility like I am talking about? Send me an email please!

Thanks
Scott McKinney
www.smmenterprises.com

Quote:
> Perhaps this is a stupid question on the browser control, but when I
> automate it with VB and have it scanning a site downloading multiple
> pages, sometimes it will stop with a msgbox to the effect that "There
> is an error on this page". Other times it will time out and stop. I
> feel sure I could use the timer to make it carry on without me
> needing to click buttons, but I can't figure out how - mental block?

> Suggestions?

> Neil

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 08:57:42 GMT
 Stupid question on browser control

Well, we've drifted from the original question, but I would do a search
on Google for "free shopping cart software" and see what happens.

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 09:24:14 GMT

1. Stupid question from a perhaps stupid beginner.

2. Help stupid newbie question - formatting webgrid control?

3. Stupid Question re Data Control

4. ActiveX Controls, Stupid Question?

5. Possibly a stupid question about winsock control

6. Really simple stupid question about Masked Edit Controls.

7. WebBroswer Control Stupid Question

8. HELP please ! Questions on browser control

9. Question about the Web Browser Control

10. Web browser control questions

11. Web Browser Control Question

12. fancy web browser control question