Help! - debugging VB Components - triggered from ASP Page
Author Message
 Help! - debugging VB Components - triggered from ASP Page

I'm trying to run the code for a DLL inside the VB IDE, and then trigger it
from an ASP Page, but I only seem to be able to call the DLL itself.  If I
try calling the source code, I get.....

Error Type:
Server object, ASP 0178 (0x80070005)
The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is
denied to this object.
/asptest/se_test.asp, line 13

..any ideas anyone?

Further info: Win2000, VB6 (EE) SP4, PWS for Win2000.

Regards
Simon.

Sat, 21 Jun 2003 20:20:19 GMT
 Help! - debugging VB Components - triggered from ASP Page

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Help! - debugging VB Components - triggered from ASP Page
Works from a VB "TestHarness" app in separate instance of VB, but not from
the Test ASP Page.

Quote:
> I'm trying to run the code for a DLL inside the VB IDE, and then trigger
it
> from an ASP Page, but I only seem to be able to call the DLL itself.  If I
> try calling the source code, I get.....

> Error Type:
> Server object, ASP 0178 (0x80070005)
> The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access
is
> denied to this object.
> /asptest/se_test.asp, line 13

> ..any ideas anyone?

> Further info: Win2000, VB6 (EE) SP4, PWS for Win2000.

> Regards
> Simon.

Sat, 21 Jun 2003 20:24:36 GMT
 Help! - debugging VB Components - triggered from ASP Page

I've now found a solution for this in KB article q259725.

Quote:
> Works from a VB "TestHarness" app in separate instance of VB, but not from
> the Test ASP Page.

> > I'm trying to run the code for a DLL inside the VB IDE, and then trigger
> it
> > from an ASP Page, but I only seem to be able to call the DLL itself.  If
> > try calling the source code, I get.....

> > Error Type:
> > Server object, ASP 0178 (0x80070005)
> > The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions.
Access
> is
> > denied to this object.
> > /asptest/se_test.asp, line 13

> > ..any ideas anyone?

> > Further info: Win2000, VB6 (EE) SP4, PWS for Win2000.

> > Regards
> > Simon.

Sat, 21 Jun 2003 20:50:48 GMT
 Help! - debugging VB Components - triggered from ASP Page

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Help! - debugging VB Components - triggered from ASP Page
I like to create a VB test application when I create VB components for aSP.
That way I can run the test application on the server and make sure that the
VB components works fine on the server before introducing ASP into the
equation.

Quote:
> I'm trying to run the code for a DLL inside the VB IDE, and then trigger
it
> from an ASP Page, but I only seem to be able to call the DLL itself.  If I
> try calling the source code, I get.....

> Error Type:
> Server object, ASP 0178 (0x80070005)
> The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access
is
> denied to this object.
> /asptest/se_test.asp, line 13

> ..any ideas anyone?

> Further info: Win2000, VB6 (EE) SP4, PWS for Win2000.

> Regards
> Simon.

Sun, 29 Jun 2003 07:57:18 GMT
 Help! - debugging VB Components - triggered from ASP Page
I recommend you to try Team Remote De{*filter*}, you will see that it's easier
and much more
healthy that way :)

Team Remote De{*filter*} 2001 allows you and your team to trace any number of
code units of any kind (ASP,MTS,ISAPI,ActiveX Exe,DLL,COM,COM+,T-SQL Stored
procedures,Threads,CFML), written in any language
(ASP,VB,VC++,VJ,T-SQL,CFML,Delphi) residing on multiple shared and dedicated
servers at the same time fast, easy, simply and reliably!

Check it out & test-drive it here:
http://www.*-*-*.com/ {*filter*}.com/Team_Remote_De{*filter*}.asp

Good luck and take care,

Art
Software Architect
Spline Technologies Corp.
http://www.*-*-*.com/ {*filter*}.com/Index.asp

Quote:
> I like to create a VB test application when I create VB components for
aSP.
> That way I can run the test application on the server and make sure that
the
> VB components works fine on the server before introducing ASP into the
> equation.

> > I'm trying to run the code for a DLL inside the VB IDE, and then trigger
> it
> > from an ASP Page, but I only seem to be able to call the DLL itself.  If
> > try calling the source code, I get.....

> > Error Type:
> > Server object, ASP 0178 (0x80070005)
> > The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions.
Access
> is
> > denied to this object.
> > /asptest/se_test.asp, line 13

> > ..any ideas anyone?

> > Further info: Win2000, VB6 (EE) SP4, PWS for Win2000.

> > Regards
> > Simon.

Sat, 23 Aug 2003 01:45:17 GMT

1. debugging vb.net upgraded component in asp.net

2. Debugging ASP components in VB

3. Debugging VB COM Components used in ASP

4. Debugging VB COM+ Components called from ASP

5. Debug VB.NET DLL(Class Library) from ASP.NET page

6. Debugging VB dll through my ASP page

7. Debugging VB dll through my ASP page

8. Debugging VB controls from ASP Pages.

9. Debug Problem connecting between ASP pages on website and VB DLL

10. User Defined Exceptions in VB.net component utilized by an ASP page

11. COM Component Goes Bust On ASP Page- HELP!!!

12. ASP page using VB-Com component that uses ADO