activex problem dll and winsock not working
Author Message
 activex problem dll and winsock not working

hello group,
what i would like to do is to create an dll server in VB using winsock to
get pop3 emails.
i have a vb program by  which i can do it but i would really like to do it
in as a com component .
now what i do is i make a sample dll and add winsock as a component ( its
winsock.ocx) and then make
an object of it

public winsock1 as winsock
Public Sub Mail()
    winsock1.Close
    winsock1.LocalPort = 0
    winsock1.Connect "pop.hotpop.com", 110
End Sub

now i open another vb project and call that class

Private Sub Form_Load()
Dim obj As class1
obj.Mail
End Sub

but i always gives me error like runtime erroe 91 object variable or block
variable not set ...( in test form)
why is this so i have tried using create object in new test project . it
gives me error in the dll project.
i have been trying this for a month and this really really desperate. please
help me
gaurav

Sat, 07 Jun 2003 16:46:15 GMT

1. Winsock ActiveX dll works on 95/98, not NT

2. Why DCOM ActiveX Exe is Working and ActiveX Dll is not working

3. Collection in ActiveX DLL (works in exe but not from ASP)

4. Debug Activex DLL does not work any more

5. ActiveX DLL works from VB but not ASP

6. ActiveX-dll works in VB project but not when compiled

7. Activex dll not working

8. My ActiveX.DLL does not work on other computer

9. ActiveX-dll not work under NT

10. UserControl.Enabled not Work in Activex DLL ?

11. ActiveX dll NOT working through ASP

12. ActiveX DLL is not working - HELP!