How to create Web MOnitor Application
Author Message
 How to create Web MOnitor Application

Hello

I want to create an application which allows you monitor web sites 24x7.
When a site goes down, it will send out email alert to pre-set contacts and
log the event in database.

Can anyone tell me the concept or article or any sample code?

Thanks in advance

---

Sun, 08 May 2005 23:11:27 GMT
 How to create Web MOnitor Application
If your only looking to see if a website goes down then I would;
1) Use a timer or some type of timer class to send out HTTP requests (using
winsock)
2) Monitor the HTTP reponse that you get back from the web server
3) Send out an email if you receive a 400 or 500 series response...

Check out my application called Link200...Similiar concepts are used....

--
Veign
www.veign.com

Quote:
> Hello

> I want to create an application which allows you monitor web sites 24x7.
> When a site goes down, it will send out email alert to pre-set contacts
and
> log the event in database.

> Can anyone tell me the concept or article or any sample code?

> Thanks in advance

> ---

Sun, 08 May 2005 23:16:13 GMT
 How to create Web MOnitor Application
Is there any sample code available in internet? I am new to VB and winsock
with http request.

Quote:
> If your only looking to see if a website goes down then I would;
> 1) Use a timer or some type of timer class to send out HTTP requests
(using
> winsock)
> 2) Monitor the HTTP reponse that you get back from the web server
> 3) Send out an email if you receive a 400 or 500 series response...

> Check out my application called Link200...Similiar concepts are used....

> --
> Veign
> www.veign.com
> <<NEW Link200 v2.0.2 Released>> - Bigger, Better, Cleaner!
> www.veign.com/download_application.html#Link200
> Code Samples & Sample Projects
> http://www.veign.com/information/application/info_app.html
> Submit Your Best Code (you keep the rights)
> http://www.veign.com/information/application/code_submit.html
> ---------

> > Hello

> > I want to create an application which allows you monitor web sites 24x7.
> > When a site goes down, it will send out email alert to pre-set contacts
> and
> > log the event in database.

> > Can anyone tell me the concept or article or any sample code?

> > Thanks in advance

> > ---

---

Sun, 08 May 2005 23:34:57 GMT
 How to create Web MOnitor Application
Sure check out;
www.vbip.com

That should give you all the code you need to accomplish what you want....

--
Veign
www.veign.com
<<NEW Link200 v2.0.2 Released>> - Bigger, Better, Cleaner!
www.veign.com/download_application.html#Link200
Code Samples & Sample Projects
http://www.veign.com/information/application/info_app.html
Submit Your Best Code (you keep the rights)
http://www.veign.com/information/application/code_submit.html
---------

Quote:
> Is there any sample code available in internet? I am new to VB and winsock
> with http request.

> > If your only looking to see if a website goes down then I would;
> > 1) Use a timer or some type of timer class to send out HTTP requests
> (using
> > winsock)
> > 2) Monitor the HTTP reponse that you get back from the web server
> > 3) Send out an email if you receive a 400 or 500 series response...

> > Check out my application called Link200...Similiar concepts are used....

> > --
> > Veign
> > www.veign.com
> > <<NEW Link200 v2.0.2 Released>> - Bigger, Better, Cleaner!
> > www.veign.com/download_application.html#Link200
> > Code Samples & Sample Projects
> > http://www.veign.com/information/application/info_app.html
> > Submit Your Best Code (you keep the rights)
> > http://www.veign.com/information/application/code_submit.html
> > ---------

> > > Hello

> > > I want to create an application which allows you monitor web sites
24x7.
> > > When a site goes down, it will send out email alert to pre-set
contacts
> > and
> > > log the event in database.

> > > Can anyone tell me the concept or article or any sample code?

> > > Thanks in advance

> > > ---

> ---

Sun, 08 May 2005 23:29:51 GMT
 How to create Web MOnitor Application
Veign

I tried to find this type of material some tim eback, but did not get
anything. I am still open with the same problem.

Quote:
> Sure check out;
> www.vbip.com

> That should give you all the code you need to accomplish what you want....

> --
> Veign
> www.veign.com
> <<NEW Link200 v2.0.2 Released>> - Bigger, Better, Cleaner!
> www.veign.com/download_application.html#Link200
> Code Samples & Sample Projects
> http://www.veign.com/information/application/info_app.html
> Submit Your Best Code (you keep the rights)
> http://www.veign.com/information/application/code_submit.html
> ---------

> > Is there any sample code available in internet? I am new to VB and
winsock
> > with http request.

> > > If your only looking to see if a website goes down then I would;
> > > 1) Use a timer or some type of timer class to send out HTTP requests
> > (using
> > > winsock)
> > > 2) Monitor the HTTP reponse that you get back from the web server
> > > 3) Send out an email if you receive a 400 or 500 series response...

> > > Check out my application called Link200...Similiar concepts are
used....

> > > --
> > > Veign
> > > www.veign.com
> > > <<NEW Link200 v2.0.2 Released>> - Bigger, Better, Cleaner!
> > > www.veign.com/download_application.html#Link200
> > > Code Samples & Sample Projects
> > > http://www.veign.com/information/application/info_app.html
> > > Submit Your Best Code (you keep the rights)
> > > http://www.veign.com/information/application/code_submit.html
> > > ---------

> 24x7.
> contacts
> > > and

> > ---

Mon, 09 May 2005 00:44:38 GMT
 How to create Web MOnitor Application
Can u guide me step by step or if possible send me too sample code?

Quote:
> Sure check out;
> www.vbip.com

> That should give you all the code you need to accomplish what you want....

> --
> Veign
> www.veign.com
> <<NEW Link200 v2.0.2 Released>> - Bigger, Better, Cleaner!
> www.veign.com/download_application.html#Link200
> Code Samples & Sample Projects
> http://www.veign.com/information/application/info_app.html
> Submit Your Best Code (you keep the rights)
> http://www.veign.com/information/application/code_submit.html
> ---------

> > Is there any sample code available in internet? I am new to VB and
winsock
> > with http request.

> > > If your only looking to see if a website goes down then I would;
> > > 1) Use a timer or some type of timer class to send out HTTP requests
> > (using
> > > winsock)
> > > 2) Monitor the HTTP reponse that you get back from the web server
> > > 3) Send out an email if you receive a 400 or 500 series response...

> > > Check out my application called Link200...Similiar concepts are
used....

> > > --
> > > Veign
> > > www.veign.com
> > > <<NEW Link200 v2.0.2 Released>> - Bigger, Better, Cleaner!
> > > www.veign.com/download_application.html#Link200
> > > Code Samples & Sample Projects
> > > http://www.veign.com/information/application/info_app.html
> > > Submit Your Best Code (you keep the rights)
> > > http://www.veign.com/information/application/code_submit.html
> > > ---------

> 24x7.
> contacts
> > > and

> > ---

Mon, 09 May 2005 00:49:46 GMT
 How to create Web MOnitor Application
Sample code to retreive information from a web server?.

Try this link:
http://www.vbip.com/winsock/winsock_http_07_01.asp

This link talks about redirection (server response codes 300), but you
should be able to adapt the project to handle any response codes (400 or 500
error codes)

--
Veign
www.veign.com
<<NEW Link200 v2.0.2 Released>> - Bigger, Better, Cleaner!
www.veign.com/download_application.html#Link200
Code Samples & Sample Projects
http://www.veign.com/information/application/info_app.html
NEW! - Quick Reference Guides
http://www.veign.com/company_store.html

Quote:
> Veign

> I tried to find this type of material some tim eback, but did not get
> anything. I am still open with the same problem.

> > Sure check out;
> > www.vbip.com

> > That should give you all the code you need to accomplish what you
want....

> > --
> > Veign
> > www.veign.com
> > <<NEW Link200 v2.0.2 Released>> - Bigger, Better, Cleaner!
> > www.veign.com/download_application.html#Link200
> > Code Samples & Sample Projects
> > http://www.veign.com/information/application/info_app.html
> > Submit Your Best Code (you keep the rights)
> > http://www.veign.com/information/application/code_submit.html
> > ---------

> > > Is there any sample code available in internet? I am new to VB and
> winsock
> > > with http request.

> > > (using

> used....

> > 24x7.
> > contacts

> > > ---

Mon, 09 May 2005 01:26:55 GMT

1. How to create Web MOnitor Application

2. Cannot create web application

3. Need ideas to create client/web server application in VB.NET

4. creating a web application

5. How do I create an ASP .Net Web Application

6. Making a Dynamic Web Page From an Application Created in VB 5.0

7. VB6 to create a web application

8. Creating secure Web applications

9. Creating a web application with VB 6.0 / Oracle

10. Using VB to create web applications

11. Use VB to create web application?

12. Creating RCAPI calls from Crystal Reports and viewing the report using a web application in .net