video streaming - getting started
Author Message
 video streaming - getting started

Hi,
I am looking to put a promotional video on my web site.
I already have the video in digital format but I am completely new to puting
the video on to my website.

The issues I am interested in are:
a) How do I compress the video and  what format should I use -.mpeg, .avi
etc ? -  what are the differences between them and whichcan be seen by most
people.
b) How do I actually put the vidoe on my web site ? Do I just place in a
folder and put a link to it from my web page? , do I need to use  the object
or embed tags to embed the video in a page ?
c) If I want to stream the video, how can I do this ? what are the best
software packages to use.
d) What type of performance hit will having the video on my server have, ie
if  100 people try to view/stream my video in one go will it cause my server
to fall over ?

Any info you can give to get me started is appreciated,

Thanks,

Nicky

Sat, 10 Apr 2004 18:51:21 GMT

1. DX9 - Playing a streaming sound from a memory stream (not file stream)

2. Pocket PC Video Live Streaming

3. Streaming video or audio

4. Streaming Video in VB

5. Stream Video: Web to Desktop App?

6. streaming real audio and video?

7. video streaming

8. Streaming Audio/Video (system impact question)

9. Serial Port Commuication / Streaming Video - Assistance Needed

10. Video Streaming OCX over TCP/IP ?

11. Recording Streamed Video

12. visual basic 6 streaming video lessons