Internet Transfer Control / disconnecting DUN
Author Message
 Internet Transfer Control / disconnecting DUN

Hi all,

yes, I'm becoming a right pain in the butt, with my questions on Inet,
but hopefully this is the last one (assuming someone tells me how to
prevent uploaded files appearing on the server in caps, when the local
filenames are lowercase!)

Anyway my program uploads the files, if it is not online it loads a
DUN connection, and connects to the internet, (Inet.AccessType =
0-icUseDefault), but how do I close the DUN connection once the upload
is complete? I suspect this will lead to using winAPI so an
illustration of the code would be very much appreciated.

Or can I slap a Winsock control on the form and close it that way?
Again an illustration would be appreciated.

Thanks
Will spammers please note that the following email addresses should not be spammed....what?.....your spambot already did?

oh dear...

Thu, 01 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Internet Transfer Control / disconnecting DUN
We have a RAS dialer control as part of our freeware SocketWrench
package, which you can download from our site at
http://www.catalyst.com. Using the control, you can enumerate the
available connectoids, specify alternate phone numbers, usernames and
passwords, etc. The STDIAL sample that's included will demonstrate the
basics of establishing and monitoring the connection, and you should
find it easy to modify from there.

We also have a free utility for optimizing dial-up networking
connections. It'll allow you to change the configuration of the
Microsoft stack to give you better performance over the Internet. The
software, and a discussion of how it works, is available from the
SocketTips section of our site.

David

Quote:
>yes, I'm becoming a right pain in the butt, with my questions on Inet,
>but hopefully this is the last one (assuming someone tells me how to
>prevent uploaded files appearing on the server in caps, when the local
>filenames are lowercase!)

>Anyway my program uploads the files, if it is not online it loads a
>DUN connection, and connects to the internet, (Inet.AccessType =
>0-icUseDefault), but how do I close the DUN connection once the upload
>is complete? I suspect this will lead to using winAPI so an
>illustration of the code would be very much appreciated.

>Or can I slap a Winsock control on the form and close it that way?
>Again an illustration would be appreciated.

----

Catalyst Development Corporation          Web:   http://www.catalyst.com

Sat, 03 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Internet Transfer Control / disconnecting DUN

2. Disconnecting DUN with Internet Transfer Control

3. Disconnecting DUN with Internet Transfer Control

4. Disconnecting for Internet After Using Internet Transfer Control

5. DUN timing out with Internet Transfer Control

6. Internet Transfer Control: Retreiving Files via FTP - LONG, LONG Disconnect/Close

7. Internet Transfer Control and ASCII transfer Help?

8. Internet Transfer Control and ASCII transfer Help?

9. Internet Transfer Control stalls transfer abruptly

10. Setting transfer type in Internet Transfer Control

11. Internet Transfer Control and ASCII transfer Help?

12. HOWTO: Securely transfer a file using the Internet Transfer Control