How to use embedded ActiveX controls who need design-time licens in IE4/5
Author Message
 How to use embedded ActiveX controls who need design-time licens in IE4/5

I use a commercial control (First impression 5.00.06.01) in a homemade ocx,
and I have a problem getting this control to work
in IE4 on machines where First Impression is not registered.

I did create an LPK file and I have no problems getting First Impression to
work in a web page, but when I use it as a constituent control in my own
control (and I did try this with a control with no code at all, just a chart
painted on it) the chart fails to load in IE4 on machines where FI isn't
installed with design license.

Btw, my control was created using VB6.

I did notice that the same happens with other controls who need a
design-time license, so I suspect that the LPK approach isn't the right one
in this situation. Question: Is there a valid approach to make this work?

Any help appreciated,

Regards,

Caius Caesar
Scanmar BV

Tue, 03 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to use embedded ActiveX controls who need design-time licens in IE4/5
I might add that I did try the Licenses.Add and Control.Add methods, but
without result....

Caius

Tue, 03 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Saving properties of ActiveX control from design time to run time

2. Help: Using the datarepeater control with an ActiveX control containing an embedded datacombo control

3. Detecting controls dropped into VB5.0 developed ActiveX control at design time

4. RichEditBox, OLE Embedding, In-place Activision, ActiveX, IE4

5. Specifying design-time properties in ActiveX controls

6. Crystal InterDev Design-Time ActiveX Control

7. ActiveX Control Design-Time Properties

8. moving ActiveX constituent controls at design time

9. ActiveX Control Crashes When Using Classes in IE4

10. Crystal InterDev Design-Time ActiveX Control

11. Using ActiveX controls in IE4.0

12. Embedding licensed ActiveX Controls within a VB ActiveX Control