Reading XML files
Author Message
 Reading XML files

Hi All,

What is the best way to read an XML document in VB?  I don't need to
validate it against a DTD or Schema, just get the data for certain elements
in the file.

TIA,
Steve Norman

Fri, 09 Apr 2004 17:16:35 GMT
 Reading XML files
hi
there are 2 approaches depending on your needs
if you need the XML document in its entirety for various operations then a
good choice would be to use the MSXML DOM.
however if you are looking to perform an operation like finding a specific
node which could be anywheer in a huge XML file then you may want to look
into SAX (efficient for searches)
MSDN has a lot of info on these 2 topics as well as a lot of source code
toplay with
check it out

Saurabh

Quote:
> Hi All,

> What is the best way to read an XML document in VB?  I don't need to
> validate it against a DTD or Schema, just get the data for certain
elements
> in the file.

> TIA,
> Steve Norman

Fri, 09 Apr 2004 19:51:50 GMT
 Reading XML files
Hi Steve,

ADO alows you to save files to XML format. I'm not sure if you can do this. Try to use ADO to create a recordset from
the file (disconnected). See if you can use this.

Regards
Trevor Benedict R
Software Engineer
Mascot Malaysia Sdn Bhd

| Hi All,
|
| What is the best way to read an XML document in VB?  I don't need to
| validate it against a DTD or Schema, just get the data for certain elements
| in the file.
|
| TIA,
| Steve Norman

Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:49:03 GMT

1. How to read XML files?

2. Reading XML File

3. Unable to read xml file

4. read xml file

5. reading xml file with vbscript(ASP)

6. how to read xml file using vb6?

7. Trouble reading XML files with ADO

8. how to read xml file using vb6?

9. Read XML using VB6 DOM 4.0 with Namespaces - See Sample XML

10. reading a xml file

11. can a dll read an xml file?

12. Reading info from a simple XML file