How to run VB app (exe) inside IE5.5
Author Message
 How to run VB app (exe) inside IE5.5

VB experts,

I need to run my VB application inside IE5.5. For example: When you click at
a Poew Point Presentation, or Word, or PDF file with extention ended as PDF,
DOC, PPT, the program would appear inside IE under its tool bars.

I had program already written and downloaded into client PC, IE only open it
as a separate EXE instead of tug it inside IE screen so that it will become
one process.

Thanks for help

JW

Sat, 16 Aug 2003 19:51:55 GMT
 How to run VB app (exe) inside IE5.5
I am not sure what is that you want exactly but here are some of the options
you have with IE:

1) If you have a document type .xxx you can associate that extention with
your program and IE will automatically launch your app when  you browse to
it.

2) You can embed your active x Document dll inside the web browser.  Read
the VB Component tools guide:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?URL=/library/devprods/v...
ic/vbcon98/vbcondocumentobjectcreationrecap.htm

Note that you can add your own menu to an activeX document simply using the
menu editor in VB. So it will appear in the IE menubar, and not inside of
the actual document.  You can also add toolbars and hyperlinks etc.

3) Use WebBrowser control to write your custom browser.

Also check out the IE website:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/ie/default.asp
Hope this helps, let me know if you have some more specific question.

Steve

Quote:
> VB experts,

> I need to run my VB application inside IE5.5. For example: When you click
at
> a Poew Point Presentation, or Word, or PDF file with extention ended as
PDF,
> DOC, PPT, the program would appear inside IE under its tool bars.

> I had program already written and downloaded into client PC, IE only open
it
> as a separate EXE instead of tug it inside IE screen so that it will
become
> one process.

> Thanks for help

> JW

Sun, 17 Aug 2003 05:23:47 GMT
 How to run VB app (exe) inside IE5.5
Steve,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, your #1 answer below  is what I already had
accomplished. However, I would like to have it works just like Adobe PDF
reader. In that, the PDF reader is incoporated right under the IE. If you
click at any PDF file for the internet, you will see what I mean. For
example: Please click here to see the effect of a VB application that works
inside IE. To make it work your pc must have PDF reader installed from
Adobe.Com. Here is the sample PDF file:
http://www.verisign-grs.com/opensrc/sdks.html

Thanks

JW

Quote:
> I am not sure what is that you want exactly but here are some of the
options
> you have with IE:

> 1) If you have a document type .xxx you can associate that extention with
> your program and IE will automatically launch your app when  you browse to
> it.

> 2) You can embed your active x Document dll inside the web browser.  Read
> the VB Component tools guide:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?URL=/library/devprods/v...
Quote:
> ic/vbcon98/vbcondocumentobjectcreationrecap.htm

> Note that you can add your own menu to an activeX document simply using
the
> menu editor in VB. So it will appear in the IE menubar, and not inside of
> the actual document.  You can also add toolbars and hyperlinks etc.

> 3) Use WebBrowser control to write your custom browser.

> Also check out the IE website:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/ie/default.asp
> Hope this helps, let me know if you have some more specific question.

> Steve

> > VB experts,

> > I need to run my VB application inside IE5.5. For example: When you
click
> at
> > a Poew Point Presentation, or Word, or PDF file with extention ended as
> PDF,
> > DOC, PPT, the program would appear inside IE under its tool bars.

> > I had program already written and downloaded into client PC, IE only
open
> it
> > as a separate EXE instead of tug it inside IE screen so that it will
> become
> > one process.

> > Thanks for help

> > JW

Sun, 17 Aug 2003 21:30:44 GMT
 How to run VB app (exe) inside IE5.5
In that case what you need to do is #2.
1) Create a new ActiveX Document Dll project.
2) Write your code.
3) Save all files, make the dll.
4) If you used Msft or 3rd party components (.ocx),  create a licence
package via
LPK_TOOL (it comes with ActiveXSDK):
http://msdn.microsoft.com/Downloads/sdks/ActiveXSDK/570.asp
5) Launch Package and Deployment Wizrad.
6) Create internet package, follow steps.
7) Click on the url in the html file generated.

Hope this works for you!
Now, I am not sure how to create the version that would also work with
Navigator, check out the plug in pages on Netscape's site, maybe someone
else would know more about  it on a different newsgroup:
http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/communicator/plugin/index.htm
Good luck!

Steve

Quote:
> Steve,

> Thanks for your reply. Actually, your #1 answer below  is what I already
had
> accomplished. However, I would like to have it works just like Adobe PDF
> reader. In that, the PDF reader is incoporated right under the IE. If you
> click at any PDF file for the internet, you will see what I mean. For
> example: Please click here to see the effect of a VB application that
works
> inside IE. To make it work your pc must have PDF reader installed from
> Adobe.Com. Here is the sample PDF file:
> http://www.verisign-grs.com/opensrc/sdks.html

> Thanks

> JW

> > I am not sure what is that you want exactly but here are some of the
> options
> > you have with IE:

> > 1) If you have a document type .xxx you can associate that extention
with
> > your program and IE will automatically launch your app when  you browse
> > it.

> > 2) You can embed your active x Document dll inside the web browser.
Read
> > the VB Component tools guide:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?URL=/library/devprods/v...

> > ic/vbcon98/vbcondocumentobjectcreationrecap.htm

> > Note that you can add your own menu to an activeX document simply using
> the
> > menu editor in VB. So it will appear in the IE menubar, and not inside
of
> > the actual document.  You can also add toolbars and hyperlinks etc.

> > 3) Use WebBrowser control to write your custom browser.

> > Also check out the IE website:
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/ie/default.asp
> > Hope this helps, let me know if you have some more specific question.

> > Steve

> > > VB experts,

> > > I need to run my VB application inside IE5.5. For example: When you
> click
> > at
> > > a Poew Point Presentation, or Word, or PDF file with extention ended
as
> > PDF,
> > > DOC, PPT, the program would appear inside IE under its tool bars.

> > > I had program already written and downloaded into client PC, IE only
> open
> > it
> > > as a separate EXE instead of tug it inside IE screen so that it will
> > become
> > > one process.

> > > Thanks for help

> > > JW

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 04:50:27 GMT
 How to run VB app (exe) inside IE5.5
Greate Steve! From your suggestion, now things become clearer for me on this
type of application. Your 1st reply (#2 solution) was a little vague and on
top of that, the link was removed by MS. But I understand it now!
JW

Quote:
> [...]

browse
> > > it.

> > > 2) You can embed your active x Document dll inside the web browser.
> Read
> > > the VB Component tools guide:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?URL=/library/devprods/v...

> > > ic/vbcon98/vbcondocumentobjectcreationrecap.htm

> > > Note that you can add your own menu to an activeX document simply
using
> > the
> > > menu editor in VB. So it will appear in the IE menubar, and not inside
> of
> > > the actual document.  You can also add toolbars and hyperlinks etc.

> > > 3) Use WebBrowser control to write your custom browser.

> > > Also check out the IE website:
> > > http://msdn.microsoft.com/ie/default.asp
> > > Hope this helps, let me know if you have some more specific question.

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 08:56:39 GMT

1. Putting a DOS Application Inside my VB EXE, Then run it and get what it returns

2. Excel inside Browser inside VB App

3. How to Run VB EXE From Within VB App

4. VB Toolbar inside IE5

5. Win App running inside fo IE

6. Run VBScript inside Vbasic App?

7. running VB exe from a VB exe

8. Firing events from a form inside a class inside a test app

9. Launch the IE5 in your VB app.

10. Accessing IE5 DOM from inside my clientside activex obj in a activex dll

11. IE5 to VB to IE5

12. VB Chart control run problem using IE5.5