VB/ASP Web App - Do you need to use one of the scripting languages?
Author Message
 VB/ASP Web App - Do you need to use one of the scripting languages?

Not sure what you are getting at... It's pretty hard to develop an
application without some language to instruct the CPU what to do... If you
are looking for a way to develop web applications in C++ or another language
then you should look at either ISAPI or .NET (C#). ASP is specifically
designed to execute VBScript or JScript applications. It is an extension to
IIS which can execute scripts in a number of other languages (PERL, Cold
Fusion, PHP, etc).

Hope that helps.

Michael B. Murdock
Starphire Technologies, LLC
"Affordable Web Content Management Solutions"
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Quote:
> Just wondering if it is possible to develop a VB/ASP web
> application without using either VBScript, Java Script,
> or JScript???

> If so, what are the implications of not using them?

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 22:56:01 GMT

1. Web App Using ASP, Vb 6.0, ADO, and Access

2. Need a Script that allows me to FTP using ASP

3. ? vb asp.net web app

4. Converting ASP scripts to VB APP

5. Opinions: Java vs VB script for web apps

6. Easy way to convert web based ASP app to standalone app

7. integration of vb desktop app and a asp web based data entry screen to same db

8. Web Application Using ASP, Visual Basic 6.0, ADO, Access - RESOURCES NEEDED

9. Calling one VB Script from another VB Script

10. Choosing a scripting language to use (Re: Client-side processing in asp.net)

11. ASP - create in just script instance of class provided in current page with different language

12. Anybody done a VB5 Web App?