Application.Lock Problem with VB COM+
Author Message
 Application.Lock Problem with VB COM+

I am developing a VB COM+ object to be used by an ASP page.  One of the methods
of this object stores data in an application variable.  To make use of the
intrinsic ASP application object, I use the following code:

Dim objContext As COMSVCSLib.ObjectContext
Dim objApplication As ASPTypeLibrary.Application

Set objContext = GetObjectContext()
Set objApplication = objContext("Application")

objApplication("test") = "this is a test"

This works fine.  The problem is when I try to put a lock on the application
object during this operation like the following:

objApplication.Lock
objApplication("test") = "this is a test"
objApplication.Unlock

When I do this, and run the ASP file, the browser is unable to bring up the ASP
file, and just spins its wheels until it times out.

Is there something I am not doing correctly?  My guess is that it has something
to do with the project and/or virtual directory settings that I am using.  The
component is apartment-threaded, and is set to run unattended and retained in
memory.  The virtual directory is set to run as a High (Isolated) process.

Any ideas?

Sat, 07 Jun 2003 22:18:17 GMT

1. Application.Lock And COM+

2. about COM and VB 3-tier application problem ?

3. Problem passing VB COM+ ASP Request object to .NET component System.Web.HTTPRequest through COM interop

4. Table locking problem with multiuser application

5. Problem with COM+ Export (Application Proxy) on Win95/98

6. Problem with pass a ErrObject as Parameter to a COM+ Application

7. Windows 2000 COM+ Application Proxy problem

8. Problem with COM+ Application Proxy

9. Windows 2000 COM+ Application Proxy problem

10. Problem installing COM+ application proxy on widows 7

11. Create new Roles on W2k3 com+ application

12. Using Wscript to determine whether a Com+ application is a proxy